Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find one of these? It's for my 1985 Euro 107. Mine mysteriously disappeared ;-(

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find one of these? It's for my 1985 Euro 107. Mine mysteriously disappeared ;-(
Have you tried the dealer? I paid $45 for my new 450SL badge, and didn't have to worry whether it was going to be a good fit or if the chrome would start to peel in 6 months.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,105 Posts
Please post back when you have installed your new one............your old one is kinda ratty.........

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck with PP and the dealer actually said to call Germany!
Did not realize this was going to be a treasure hunt.
I'll post when I find one. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
the dealer actually said to call Germany!
Find a different dealer - it's not like they're hard to find in SoCal. The parts desk at the dealership is perfectly capable of locating parts anywhere they might be. I've received parts that were only in stock in Germany, and I get them in less than a week.

·
29,105 Posts
What Scott said.
Your dealer sucks. I might be able to secure you a part number if need be but it will have to wait until Monday as I am outta town for four days.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Your dealer sucks. I might be able to secure you a part number if need be but it will have to wait until Monday as I am outta town for four days.
Oh, fine, promise to get the number and then make him wait for days.

Part number for a 280SL is 107 817 00 15.

·
29,105 Posts
Oh, fine, promise to get the number and then make him wait for days.

Part number for a 280SL is 107 817 00 15.
Ooohhh....look at you, smartypants...............

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy now...thanks for the part #.

I called 3 dealers and they all said it not made anymore, but that's before this part#.
Round 2 starts tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I called 3 dealers and they all said it not made anymore, but that's before this part#.
Round 2 starts tomorrow morning.
I just got a new badge for my 450SL - older than your 280SL - through my local dealer (Silver Star Mercedes in Thousand Oaks). If nothing else, give them a call. And if they give you any crap, tell them you know someone just ordered a new badge through them a few weeks ago. Or PM me and I'll drop by and order it for you today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called them and the 3 other dealers. Not in stock in 'parts system' nationwide. They all checked. I guess the issue is that it is a Euro model and it's an 85. They've all offered to research and get back to me as soon as they can though.

Thanks for the offer.

·
29,105 Posts
I called them and the 3 other dealers. Not in stock in 'parts system' nationwide. They all checked. I guess the issue is that it is a Euro model and it's an 85. They've all offered to research and get back to me as soon as they can though.

Thanks for the offer.
Almost all of the parts for my 280 come from the Fatherland. I can't believe that it would be unavailable considering some of the obscure parts I have obtained.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts