Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

It feels great to be a part of this community.
Sometimes while driving I'm getting an issue of a gas pedal being stuck where I need to slide the leg under the pedal and "unstuck" it in order stop it from keeping the revs/speed.

Can you help me and tell me what part should I deal with ?

Attaching a photo of my M110

Thank you

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,658 Posts
Get lubing all of the linkage movement points I would.
You can pop off the little ball joints on my cars to clean and lube, but I feel like that's a bit stressful for them so I just keep them lubed as they are.
ATF is a good choice. I've used that, or the special MB sunroof grease.
Nothing like WD40 though, will end up making it worse probably.

I would make this an urgent project because of the accident risk.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
3,436 Posts
Check the bolts that hold the pedal box to the side wall for tightness ....Some boxes were fitted on top of the carpet and they do go loose after time .

·
Outstanding Contributor, Vintage Moderator
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
24,001 Posts
I don’t know if the d-jet m110 cars have the same throttle linkage setup as the k-jet cars, but the k-jets have a rubber bushing that fails and the result is slop from the pedal and not as much full throttle as you might want. I don’t think that this causes sticking, but since it’s so common on the k-jets, I thought it was worth noting.

I have had plenty of MB with throttle pins that would not move freely and easily, and rarely do they free up with a little penetrant and motion. They often need to have the c-clips removed and be cleaned well, like with steel wool to make sure the debris or corrosion is gone.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,658 Posts
Oh brilliant. Got to love the easy fixes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts