Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new owner of this car, and after reading nearly every post for 56 pages I have determined that not much info is available for this car here unless I missing something.

Maybe it just I am not understanding the engine type of m110 is same in all models and which models have it. Etc.

I have found just a handful post referring to this model.

I am guessing this is going to be a long and painful restoration. [:D]

Any other 280SE owners out here in the US? Or Atlanta, GA?

Taij

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
don't be too discouraged -- although your grey-market car is rare, it shares the same body and most of the same mechanicals as the more common models. so you should still be able to find help here when you decide to do stuff like work on the suspension, swap out the seats, etc etc. good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I am looking at wiring. It is kind of a mess. BUt I cannot seem to find any info on. Whoever owned it in the past did a number with the wires. I am trying to sort though the wires in the console. Apparently they put in thier own sound system. There is a non functional sercurity, ( aftermarket the kind where a switch is placed in the steering column) Also they have some swtich which connects directly to the AC compressor clutch, that will engage or disengage the AC compressor clutch. Of course the stereo was pulled out before I got it, and replaced with an old that was not hooked up.

I am not sure which wires goes where, with a few exceptions. But I am wanting to rewire the console with the windows, sunroof, etc. Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams or anything?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent you an email...funny I just realized that I had already booked marked you website for future ref. Taking a break from the MB overload and doing something I fully know and understand, installing a beta OS, on one of my HD partitions. To relax even.

And thanks will be in touch.

Taij

1 - 7 of 7 Posts