Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Just found this forum. Looks awesome.

I own a 1980 280ce DOHC inline 6 engined mb. Recently while driving down the highway I believe i broke a valve and had to have the car towed. Changing valves seems to be alot of work on this car ( im used to working on a 1960 bugeye sprite much much simpler). Heres the deal. Ive gotten the valve cover, thermo housing and pipe ac hoses and some other stuff off. I dont want to pull the engine to change a valve (s). The exhaust manifold bolts= hopeless. Im going to leave the exhaust manifold on and pull the head with it attatched. Ill tackle the intake manifold tmrw. I cannot get the front lower bolt ( 15 mm i think) off the AC compressor. I cant get an extension on it due to the pulley. I have gotten the belt off but how do I go about getting this bolt out? Is there a way to undo the pulley? or some secret tip ? One more question ( im sure ill have MANY more just one more for now) I dont want to undo the cams to take the head off... I want to remove the linkable timing chain link and just lift them off assembled. How do I find the removable link? I know spin the crank pulley bolt but what does it look like? will it be different from the other 200 little links?

THanks for your help-Josh

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got it... need a 14 mm stubby wrench and a whole lotta patience to get the compressor of...

got it... need a 14 mm stubby wrench and a whole lotta patience to get the compressor off without removing the rad or fan. Ta da-Josh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.