Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are looking to restore an older 280! <br>I have a 1976 280 with 150,000 miles. I have used this car regularly for 2 1/2 years and just have too many automobiles (8 of them). This is what I have done to this auto:<p>new tires, shocks, brakes, steering components and rotors 8/98<br>New starter, h2o pump, all hoses and belts 12/98<br>alternator brushes & regulator 2/99<br>drive shaft rebuild (u-joints, rubber support, balance)<br>3/99<br>accelerator pump on carb 7/99<p>There is a 1" x 2" hole in the back seat (flap still attached), A/C does not work (wire disconnected - do not know status of the freon, also, first start in the moring takes longer then it should, seems like the carb loses its fill of gas or something. once it starts it is fine all day long.<p>All of the internal electrics work file (windows, antenna, original radio, clock, lights. The floor mat on the drivers side is worn, could be replaced.<p>Auto Transmission is just fine, smooth as always through all gears.<p>some rust under rear quarter panels, drivers side door (center of door 2" spot, above driver side rear wheel. <p>This auto has been stored during the winters (minnesota) and consequently has less rust then most vehicles of its age in this state. There should be no problem driving this auto home anywhere in the mainland United States.<br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts