Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;
Short story i bought my ml 270 cdi in winter and since then 5 times in service with different problems 3 services to find whats causing the limp mode;1 for a leaking injector and they managed to break another 3 of them causing the engine to heavily vibrate and lots and lots of smoke and finally last one all 3 injector replaced the leaking one reseated and during a drive test the engine caught fire:mad:. After a quick repair and lots of missing parts that lasted 3 weeks i had enough and took my car.The cars works more or less but with some issues
white smoke coming out when idleing between the oil separator and oil cap;allso when i remove the oil cap it smokes
[/URL][/IMG]
and the following leak also fixed 2 times-from what i see the mechanic also made a hole in the egr body and put a screw but it s not holding
[/URL][/IMG]
So after trying 4 workshops i had enough and now i^m trying to fix it myself.
Sorry for my bad english, any advice would be appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
2002 ML270 CDI
178 Posts
CDI injectors are a precision part and must be refitted using the correct parts and procedure.
The required new parts from MB (copper seal, stretch bolt, and retaining fork) are actually really cheap.
And the correct replacement procedure is all over the internet.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...
If your "mechanic" broke 3 more injectors while trying to fix one leaky one (which won't cause limp home btw),
and put a hole in your rocker cover,
and set fire to your engine...
I think they may not have used the correct parts or procedure.

So you are probably better off re-doing the injector seals properly before you start looking for problems elsewhere.

And I should say, you need to do it right now. Improper Diesel injection (which you have right now) can easily cause holes in pistons, if it hasn't already.

·
Registered
ML 270CDI 2002, BMW K1300S, VW POLO 1.9TDI
515 Posts
The problem with the large intercooler pipe not staying secure in the egr is because the 'lugs' on the metal part of the pipe round off which causes the pipe to slip out from the large holding circlip under acceleration during which the turbo boost is high (the disconnected pipe then causes a limp mode situation) ...............the ONLY solution is to renew the large pipe and circlip, i renewed mine recently for the same reason, the cost of the pipe was £39 GBP.

Regarding the smoke issue when you remove the oil filler cap........you need to check that all the breather pipes are clear and not blocked, also, renew the oil separator (the circular plastic object in the bottom left of your 1st photo)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all tkanks for your replyes
My car si not in the limp mode now,after the ¨repair¨ i´ve seen the test on computer the injectors seemd ok as forthe parts replaced original or notere goes:
-acelerator cable burned and broken repaired with tape casing the accelerator to jam and had to push back the pedal with my feet-replaced myself ok now
-brake fluid container burned but not leaking-not yet replaced
-intake manifold burned-replaced by them with second hand one
-cooler container burned with a hole in it-replaced it myself
-air filter box deformed-replaced myself
-electric conectors on injectors and spark plugs burned and deformed-not yet replaced
-injectors copper seals original mb but i m pretty sure they did not replaced the stretch bolt, and retaining fork;one bolt has a diffrent shape than others and it seems bigger
-replaced myself fuel lines and filter
Today i change the pipe, circlips seems ok but it doesn´t sit right-it has a little gap on one right side;clean the engine and observed bubles coming out arround the second injector.It s been 4000km since the injectors where reseated is it possible that i have to do that again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts