Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys, I put a crane ingition conversion in this weekend.<br>I thought my carbs were shot. turns out that the control module<br>under the battery tray was the problem. plus it idle smooth and<br>no flat spot.<br>No more stupid smog valves turning on and off. <br>Worth every bit of the 84.00 I spent for it. vs 350.00 for the module.<br>I think still will do the minor regasket , resynch to the zeniths.<p>Also I am in california too. One thing I have noticed is the cost of a decent <br>250c has gone up. I would say a car that actually had low miles would be woth every penny.<br>One totally restored , is like 8-12k now.I paid 5 years ago 4k for mine.<br>It had 80,000 then about 90,000 now. It sat while i went back to school for 3 yers.<br>Just stared to drive it again. I plan to repaint her the same color . Evne though the original paint stills shines up nicely<br>the previous owner put two dings on her.I will strip off the trim for plating and new seals.<br>One the things that I don't care for is the york air.<br>To make it more reasonable, I may try a conversion to a nippodeso, pullys, and condeser,<br>new hoses I am guessing one from a wreck will end up in her.the hardest part?<br>making an adator plate to go from the old braket to the new one.Seen this done on hot rods, so? why not?<br>There is nothing worst than a car thats hot, when I am dreesed up.. gads makeup melting...<p>So on my list..this weekend... rear brakes... <p>Let me know if you got the car, Dave?<p><p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts