Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
I guess I'll have to get me one of those. 156,190 as of last fill up, so I qualified over 1300 kilometers ago.

But how would I attach it?

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
Henceforth, the weather conditions featured in this picture shall be known as the "Nobby Exception" for WUTD driving.

Click here because the picture is too big for the thread.
Yeah, well, we've always known Nobby is an exception!

Last night the temp dropped from the 70s to the 50s in a couple hours and on my way home, while on some back roads, I experimented by raising and lowering my windows. I don't think, with the top down, that windows up really makes any difference in temp from the wind or amount of wind. I don't have a windscreen, but it seems to me most of the wind does not come in from the side. Has anyone else noticed this?

(And note that I was testing this out -- on a back road where I was alone, so windows were only up for experimental purposes!)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I don't think, with the top down, that windows up really makes any difference in temp from the wind or amount of wind. I don't have a windscreen, but it seems to me most of the wind does not come in from the side.
Talk to me once you have a windscreen. WUWUTD driving (Windows Up, Windscreen Up, Top Down) driving comes very close to WUTU driving in terms of air flow.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,251 Posts
Talk to me once you have a windscreen. WUWUTD driving (Windows Up, Windscreen Up, Top Down) driving comes very close to WUTU driving in terms of air flow.
I bet you could fashion a sunscreen from a small rectangle of German canvas and attach it along the top of the windshield, stretch it out to the windows and tie it off to the wind screen.

Waitaminute!

...and Jim, I hope you got the info you needed.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
I don't have a windscreen, but it seems to me most of the wind does not come in from the side. Has anyone else noticed this?
Apparently, the windscreen inventor.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Can anyone tell me or show a picture of where and how to put a high mileage badge on a 107 grill? Thanks!
Congrats. I have 1200 miles to go. At the rate I'm driving it, maybe by next April.

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,355 Posts
forever young

My odometer is stalled at 149,000 miles. For a couple of years, at least.
I don't think it's worth the trouble to fix it for a badge nobody knows how to attach.

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
Apparently, the windscreen inventor.
Uh, okay, but does anyone notice any wind reduction WUTD? That's why I was comparing it and I think if I were in the passenger seat and had my eyes closed, that I could not have felt the difference between WUTD and WDTD.

Are other experiences similar? It's as if almost no wind is from the side windows.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Windscreenology 101

Windscreenology 101. The windscreen is the clear device, normally in front of you. The RWD "rear wind deflector", is a different apparatus. If traveling under certain circumstances, a RWD is allowed. WUTD is not. See 'other exceptions'. If approaching any semblance of reason, the windows should be down. If the top is down. Buy an SLC with a functioning roof and lambo doors if you want to go WUTD.:eek:

BT edit: Badges. Who needs them?

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
Windscreenology 101. The windscreen is the clear device, normally in front of you. The RWD "rear wind deflector", is a different apparatus. If traveling under certain circumstances, a RWD is allowed. WUTD is not. See 'other exceptions'. If approaching any semblance of reason, the windows should be down. If the top is down. Buy an SLC with a functioning roof and lambo doors if you want to go WUTD.:eek:
In this case, I'm asking about the physics of the situation, not the legalities or ethics.

BT edit: Badges. Who needs them?
That's "steenkin' badges." And we don't need none.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Windscreenology 101. The windscreen is the clear device, normally in front of you.
Only if you're from one of those odd places where a car has a bonnet and a boot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts