Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Pinzgauer 710m, 1989 JDM Toyota Landcruiser BJ74 RHD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure it has been addressed on this sight before but here is a helpful schematic I found for wiring your 24v truck to run 12v trailer lights. You will need a 12v power source from a converter and to buy 4 24v relays. The ones used here are Hella #87426.

It should then be pretty straight forward to add 12v trailer brakes by using your 12v power source to supply the trailer brake controller and tying the red "stop light" wire into the #87 post on the brake light relay.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 U1300L Camper
9 Posts
XM381 a great Unimog NATO 24V to 12V civilian adapter

24V to 12V NATO to civilian trailer adapter that is customized for Unimogs (1978 U1300L 435 SBU)

The web site is www.xm381.com and the person supporting it Mike Waldron [email protected] has given me exceptional service while creating a Unimog specific version that works on the custom Mercedes NATO plug configuration.

The site above has lots of technical drawings and information, including electric brake ontrollers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.