Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put on new tires, went with 255/40/17 Nitto Motivo for the rear instead of the stock 245/40/17 size that I had on there.

For those thinking of doing this, here is what it will look like.

Old n busted, Falkin 912, 245 rear with 225/45/17 fronts. This is also after getting 35% tint.

New hotness, with the Nitto Motivo and larger 255/45/17 rears

Since they are a whole .2" taller, there is not that much of a difference. Even the speedo shows exactly the GPS speed, though the math shows I should be travelling .7mph faster at 60mph than the speedo indicates... but no.

Another side view

Notice anything different? Instead of the regular AMG spoiler, I tried out the L shape spoiler from a China flebay dealer. Only 92 bucks shipped. Paint match was pretty good for a 7 year old car.

So if anyone is thinking of going to a 255, go ahead. I haven't noticed anything negative from going to this size. No rubbing, speedo is still accurate, no ABS light, no change in MPG, basically no change from the stock 245.

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Good info to know. I just picked up an '07 C230 SS. It has pretty new Michelin Pilot Sport Plus 245s on hte rear, but I may bump up next time I need a set of tires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michelin Pilot Sport is a good tire. Wish I could afford them!

Yes, I was afraid the tires would be too big, throw off the speedo/handling/look awkward, but I'm glad I did since the shorter rear than front look always looked weird.

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Although Sears had screwed up this time (replaced a blown rear with a front size tire) overall they've been really good to me on tires.

I just sold my Nissan Frontier this past Wednesday, but back in May I had put a brand new set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor of-road oversized tires. Total bill was $1100, but with Sears offering 18 months no interest on the Sears card, it was a no brainer.

Previous owner of the c230 also had these Michelins put on by Sears, as well, and so probably got a similar deal.

Sent from my rooted BIONIC running ICS 6.7.235 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Chesapeake, around Deep Creek.

For those looking at getting tires, Discount Tire Direct has a sale this weekend for a $100 visa card by rebate. I've done their rebate deal before and it took a few months, but I finally did receive the visa in the mail. It's a good deal if you need 4 new tires. Wish I had waited a few weeks!

·
Registered
2006 C350 Sport
66 Posts
Hey good lookin ride! but I've been tire shopping for awhile now, because the genious before me put 225/45/17s on all four corners, so as soon as they get close to worn i want to replace them. i'm just curious why you even opted for a 255/40 instead of the stock 245/40? Did you want the wider look? slightly larger footprint? I'm just curious on why you went larger? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor
1 Posts
Good Info thanks I been thinking about going with the 255's on the rear for about a week now since my tires are worn and will need to be replaced in the next month or so thank you again and your c230 looks great can you share the info for the company where you got the rear spoiler I'd like to get one for mine thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Info thanks I been thinking about going with the 255's on the rear for about a week now since my tires are worn and will need to be replaced in the next month or so thank you again and your c230 looks great can you share the info for the company where you got the rear spoiler I'd like to get one for mine thanks.
Thank you for the compliment. I got the spoiler from emotors on ebay. Here is a link to black one, the dropped the price to 88 shipped.

Painted Mercedes Benz W203 C Class Sedan L Type Trunk Spoiler Wing 01 07 197 ? | eBay

The 245 rears was shorter than the front tires, so I went with a 255 to even them out, now the front and rear sidewalls look even.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Nitto Motivos in the same size on my car. I don't notice anything odd.

They were put on because the Discount Tire where they were purchased didn't have the 245s in stock.

I dig the look!

·
Registered
2006 C350 & 1990 300E
1,245 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. I got the spoiler from emotors on ebay. Here is a link to black one, the dropped the price to 88 shipped.

Painted Mercedes Benz W203 C Class Sedan L Type Trunk Spoiler Wing 01 07 197 ? | eBay

The 245 rears was shorter than the front tires, so I went with a 255 to even them out, now the front and rear sidewalls look even.
Good look on that spoiler.:thumbsup: I wrote the seller and he got back to me promptly on the color I wanted. Pulling the trigger on this. More than 50 bucks less than another seller I was considering.:cool: How long have you had the spoiler?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts