Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know now that you all said that 245-35-19's are to big for the front......<br> <br> Now that i have my springs installed and new align. The car rubs the front tire into the inner finder, (not the plastic one) It only dues it on the drivers side when pushing hard through a turn ot going over a dip in the road...... <br> <br> My question is what would make only one tires rub.... Meaning why not both front tires when going over dips/hills or when pushing through a left hand turn.... <br> <br> Also, has anyone trimmed there interlip on the finders or 'rolled' them?<br> <br> thanks<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it rubs the inner fender...then...

The right wheel should rub when making a left turn and the left wheel should rub when making a right turn.<br> <br> I think Lorinser makes steering stoppers that limit the angle your steering wheel makes so the wheels don't rub.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, (moreinside)

yea your correct it SHOULD do that but only the drivers side rubs..... also it does on oh humps and dips in the road.... ONLY the drivers side.... Im lost, and have no idea what to do now.... unless i shave/ roll the drivers finder... Its almost like the whole wheels is sticking out further than the passanger......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe the inner fender covers of the driver's side are different than the passenger's side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shawn did you check the offset before you put your wheels on? It should be stamped on the backside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not sure... I looking on the back (more inside)

I looked in back, as far as wheel size i have the big ones in the back, 9x5 and the 8x5 in the front.... <br> <br> I think im going to swap the front tires.... and see if it still rubs..... if it does then eithor my suspension is Fked or the finders are differnt :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm...I have a theory...

Kinda sounds like your body weight is JUST enough to make it rub on your side. Maybe try testing the other side with passengers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts