Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a 1980 240d with 165k miles on it. I LOVE these cars because I make lots of long distance camping trips, plus I actually enjoy the slow acceleration. It makes for more of a challenge :)<br>
<br>
Anyway, I've read a lot of stuff about what fluids to use... the Oil needs to be meet or exceed SC and CC specifications, etc. etc. <br>
<br>
Do any of you have any strong feelings on what fluids treat your baby best? I'm looking for specifics here.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't just settle for CC, CD or CG4. Use what is called a 'universal' grade oil. This is especially formulated for diesels. You can find it at the truck stops. My favorite is Chevrong Delo 400 Multigrade. This is 15W40 and works in most any climate. It took my original 240D engine to 380,000 miles before overhaul.<br> Other universals are Mobil Delvac and Shell Rotella T. It has been learned however that Shell Rotella T has a high parafin content. This means that you should change it more often to prevent parafin build up.<br> <br> Good luck,<br> Larry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.