Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300TE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I was walking in a friend of mine’s neighborhood the other day and found a light blue 240TD in a driveway. It looks to be in good shape except for a missing passenger tail lamp and an old inspection. The color looked to be a European color (You know, the colors that never make it here to the states). It also has the hubcaps that are painted to match the car rather than the normal 123 style wheels. It also has a European style hitch on it. I like the Mercedes wagons a lot, I have a 124, 300 TE, I am very happy with it. I have never seen this model before and would like to know something about this car, and perhaps rescue it from its neglectful owners .Any help would be appreciated. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
You have found a euro-only wagon. My big question is is it a stick. a lot of the europea...

You have found a euro-only wagon. My big question is is it a stick. a lot of the europeans frown on autos (as they should!) and most of the 240 wagons I've seen are stick. If so pounce on the car. They are quite rare in the US and fairly highly sought after by us 123 types. Does it still have euro bumpers too? Lucky find, buy it.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
This model was not for sale in the US. The engine is the 2.4 liter with a whopping 64 horsepower. Maximum speed of 84 mph. Total production was 38,903 units. Came with an automatic or standard transmission. Mileage was 24 mpg. 18.5 gallon tank. Good luck!
[:D]

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
This model was not for sale in the US. The engine is the 2.4 liter with a whopping 64 horsepower. Maximum speed of 84 mph. Total production was 38,903 units. Came with an automatic or standard transmission. Mileage was 24 mpg. 18.5 gallon tank. Good luck!
[:D]
or 72 horsepower if it's a '79 + modell.

·
Registered
1988 300TE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
240 Euro bumpers

Yes it seems too, the bumpers that is! they look like they could be part chrome. I could not see so much from the street did not want to walk up unless I was ready to buy it. When I was in Koln last year I counted the amount of automatic cars in front of the house. One in three blocks!!! I like stick shift myself.Thank you all for replying

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
I have only seen 240D wagons in books, none on the street. Better try and buy it now. I ha...

I have only seen 240D wagons in books, none on the street. Better try and buy it now. I have an 83 300D Euro that daughter is using as a driver, really likes it.

As for speed had an 83 240D auto North American Version the speedo claimed it would it do 95mph. It sacrificed it's life for us in a head on accident.

Still have a 77 240D stick looking for home with serious enthusiast for reasonable price. It has black dash, manual air, crank windows. It is much like our 83 300D Euro. It is shiny and clean. Speedo mph on this one is not accurate. It has a 115/240D stick
in it. I have never seen a cleaner stick out there.
I am the only one in the house who doesn't mind the stick and gets some enjoyment from it.

Any Mercedes 123 wagon is tough to find.
John Gregg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.