Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280se 1979
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving to All.

I have an opportunity to buy a 240D automatic 1981 verision with only 93k on her. I know the issues that usually surround this, but is it really that slow and is it really that reliable. Mechanically , I know its ok and yes it is slow and it seemed to cruise effortlessly once at speed. Just don't know much about these diesels and appreciate feedback as to what to look for before I buy. Asking price is 2000 usd.

Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
I would definitaly buy it. I have one just to commute and it is great unless you have t...

I would definitaly buy it. I have one just to commute and it is great unless you have to merge on super fast highways like Jersey.......[8D]

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
You will have to floor it alot, and sometimes even manually shift the auto trans. Adjust...

You will have to floor it alot, and sometimes even manually shift the auto trans. Adjust valves keep air and fuel filters clean to get max power out of it.

It is really designed to keep up with traffic just fine and is often heavily loaded as a taxi in many countries.

Check the front end is not worn as that can be pricey
if someone else has to rebuild it.

I have even enjoyed driving a 240D on mountain roads, handling and cruising are great.
John Gregg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.