Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years 24-Hour Roadside Assistance has been just a phone call away for your Mercedes-Benz Service Tech. That is about to change. When you call 800-367-6372 you will be ask to give the center your VIN number. They will check to see if you have had service done recently at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. If you have not, you may have a problem with free service. In the past a tech would be sent regardless if the Mercedes-Benz needed roadside assistance. This new policy takes place in January 2011. If you have had your Mercedes-Benz serviced at an authorized dealer and you need to have it towed, you will get a free trip to the nearest authorized dealer---this is regardless of year. For a complete explanation of this new policy, contact your service representative.

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,569 Posts
This is silly for me to ask, but... I have a 1973 450SL. Even that car can be towed to a Benz Dealer for free?

(I have AAA, and free towing with my insurance, so this is a total hypothetical.)

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
This is silly for me to ask, but... I have a 1973 450SL. Even that car can be towed to a Benz Dealer for free?

(I have AAA, and free towing with my insurance, so this is a total hypothetical.)
Essentially yes, but starting with the new changes in 2011 you will need to have had $100 worth of work done at a MB dealer service center within the prior 18-months to qualify. Previously that wasn't a requirement. Also I believe there is a limit of 30-miles so if you happen to be farther than that from a dealership you will need to rely on your AAA.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,727 Posts
We already have other topic about the subject.
Have never seen MB roadside assistance driving a tow truck.
In my area they don't do any repairs, don't carry scanners.
All they can do is give a jump, check fuses, replace the battery, change spare if you have a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts