Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380SE
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the rear sidemarker lenses that were "clear" vs. red (or amber for the front).
Story has it these were on cars delivered to mliltary personnel in Europe in "the day" (early 70s).
Anyone have info / part # / availability?

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
John in VA - 4/20/2005 2:43 PM

I'm looking for the rear sidemarker lenses that were "clear" vs. red (or amber for the front).
Story has it these were on cars delivered to mliltary personnel in Europe in "the day" (early 70s).
Anyone have info / part # / availability?

Hi John,

I see that www.adsitco.com has the stock side markers listed. Perhaps, you might be able to have someone make you clear ones if you show them the stock ones.

I don't know how much help this is, but here's the link:

http://www.adsitco.com/catalog/productdetail.asp?ID=61

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Red lenses are widely available from at least three vendors who sponsor this site among others. I've been in the Mercedes parts business for going on 30 years, and I've never seen those lenses in clear. I wouldn't get my hopes up...

·
Registered
499 Posts
to get the clear lenses,buy the amber(or red)lense,leave them on the car in sunlight for thity years and you will have clear lenses. To colour them back use nail polish.
[:)][:)]

·
Registered
1985 380SE
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info...

I have a BMW part number for the lens (same set-up) but it comes up NLA. I thought someone might have some squirreled away.

·
Registered
1985 380SE
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, many of the federally-mandated bits were used...

on MB, BMW, VW, Audi - that I know of.
The "clear" side marker description I'm after is/was "Side reflector, clear - nur USA-fahrzeuge in Deutschland"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts