Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Ml 350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i own a 2003 ml350 IE fuuly stock, i was thinking about putting 22x9.5 DUB Shoreline rims. now the thing is what tire do i put on it without causeing rubbing, and less of a wheel well gap. anyone with experience with this or pics on how it would look or anything.
much appreciated
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
You'll need 265-35 for rubber.The diameter will stay the same as oem so no rubbing.I have a set of 22's on order and thats the size tire I'm gonig with.Nice choice of wheels by the way.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
That's goin to be one harsh ride with 35 series tires but it will look bad ass... I personally think the ML is too small a truck to put 22's on as I had a set of Diablo's on my truck... 22x9.5 but it didn't look right... too much wheel and it was overkill... 20's look great... but just my two cents... send some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Pointman,did you have any problems with the streering wheel pulling when hitting bumps or grooves in the road with those wide tires?

·
Registered
Ml 350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. surbenzolot thanks for the sizes. but i was talking to the guy selling the shorelines and he said they only made 20's for the ml. should i stick with 20's or look for 22's. i just want the car to have some nice big wheels (thanks 4 the comment benzolot) and not get that wheel well gap.
i don't know. if i do go with 20's what is the biggest and safest tire i could put on it, no rubbing, good ride and good wheel well?

thanks guys

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
archangel, I got 20's now with 295/40/20 rubber... but then again I have 20x10 wheels... they look huge from the back... and gives it a nice wide stance with the wider tires... the ride is pretty smooth for a 40 series tire.

·
Registered
Ml 350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks goat ima look for more tires and wheels theres just to many to pick from. there offsets and colors and so on its a big decision. thanks for all your help ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
Ml 350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Goat what about the gap in between does that look good or no?
do you have any pics of you benzy, i see it under your name but i cant really tell.
thank you

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
archangel... the wheel well gap is still pretty much the same. Remember when goin from 60 or 65 series and goin down to 40 series you are losin a lot of tire but gainin it back in wheel size. This is the best way to keep your tach accurate. Of course one can get carrie away with puttin larger wheels on and then not goin with the recommened wheel size and that will fill your gap but your tach may be out. Other option U may want to consider is Eibach springs in the rear as they will lower your truck 1.5" and then lower the front 1.5" and put on some 20's and your laughing...

·
Registered
ML320/LexusLS460/LexusGS350
366 Posts
42mm offset but my wheels are 20"x10" on all 4. I think the OEM offset is 35mm but any wheel that fits the S and CL class should fit your ML. I say "fit" but you'll still need to check the load ratings because they may not be able to withstand the weight of the ML versus the S and CL (although they all weigh about the same weight). I actually bought mine from Brabus in CA and they were sold as "rear" wheels for a CL in a staggered configuration.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
depends on what tire you choose. if you choose something ridiculously larger to fill space etc... then yes your tach will be off... if not then I'm sure U won't really notice a difference but the cops may... [:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts