Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts? Considering swapping the 19's for some 22" AMG reps but I am concerned it's going to look like a monster truck.

Don't have airmatic but I really don't want to alter the suspension from a resale standpoint.

What is everyone thoughts of 22's w/o lowering?

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
If you use the correct tires on the 22" wheels, the diameter will be the same as your existing wheels so the vehicle will look much the same as it does now. There is no doubt that the gap in the wheel arch above the tire tends to be visually accentuated somewhat with larger wheels and thinner tires, but for some people that's no problem. I have 21" summer wheels and 20" winter wheels and think they look fine, but I'm sure there are others would say "lower it".

·
Registered
2007 ML63 AMG
452 Posts
I will be an "Other" saying Lower it! ;)

Honestly you should be able to go either way, depending on look and function changes your looking for. I will state, the more you reduce the side wall to compensate the overall diameter, be prepared for a stiffer ride. I lowered mine (and have airmatic), to keep a little more side wall, but I still feel the difference, and it turned out to be exactly what I was going for both esthetically and Performance. Also why I picked the 22" Reverse lip, so when you see the ride it does SCREAM 22's

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not a newbie to a stiff ride. This is my wife's car and she has had previous cars like her Stage 5 Dinan Cooper S or my E46 M3 on Bilstein PSS9's so she is used to stiffer rides no pun intended! Tire size I'm looking at is 285/35/22, I know Brabus is prob my only real options if I need to lower it, but I think perhaps that Brabus-USA went out of business?

-Joe

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I know somebody with 2009 ML350 on stock springs with 22's. They rig looks surprisingly good and the ride quality isn't bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts