Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2001 s500 and i am going to put 22's on it. I know of a way to make it work but i would like to know if anyone has done it and if it is more of a headache than benefit

·
Registered
'01 S500,'02 CLK 430
65 Posts
Well anything is possible. My friend had 21" Giovanna Drama's on his but that is as big as I've seen around my way and they rubbed a little when he would make turns. I think the 20's like the ones I have on mine(20x8.5) are big enough for the S. Good Luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whats up
I was waiting for someone to bring this issue up or actually put 22's on there Sclass . I was thinking about doing it because superbuy tires said it could be done . I talked to the owner he has 22's on his S this is what he told me the ride is a little stiff but he said he was an old man and thinks a young guy would be o.k. with it. He states the only rubbing he gets is when he turns the wheel all the way to the left or right but it's like a grazing rub. I also spoke with someone from Lowenhart and they say it's the same ride as with 20's . If you decide to go with it please let me know how they ride .

http://www.superbuytire.com/gallery/view/Mercedes/S500/Asanti/AF+133+22inch.../[email protected]%[email protected]%20133%2022inch....JPG

http://www.superbuytire.com/gallery/view/Mercedes/S500/Asanti/AF+133+22inch./[email protected]%[email protected]%20133%2022inch..JPG

http://www.superbuytire.com/gallery/view/Mercedes/S500/Asanti/AF+133+22inch/[email protected]%[email protected]%20133%2022inch.JPG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea im goin be the test pilot on this. probably in may but ur benz look good with those 20's on it.

You know where to get some clear turn signal lenses for the s500

·
Registered
2001-S430 & 2006 - E350
12 Posts
20" Wheel and Tire Combo will really enhance your Benz. The extremely large tire does not give the vehicle a ghetto look. I read DSUM post and viewed his rims. They look really classy and stylish. It was the deciding factor for my installing a set of 20" DUB Shorline Rims on my S430. Just remember, Mercedes is a sign of elegance and style.

Alex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gunny Please post pictures of your S with the new Shorelines . I will keep a look out for those 22's on your S NiNo and by the way are you from D.C I Just moved from there now in the ATL

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
why stop at 22s.

why not 32s.

don't want to be the only "baller" in the neighborhood without wagon wheels on your mercedes.

yuck!

·
Registered
2001 S500
8 Posts
heay sory for my eanglish if it wrong i have 22 s on my 2001 s500 its luks great only 2 problems i hae when im turn the wheel left or rigth its rubbing on the plastic inside the fender also its rubbing on rear wrrrrr i driviairving car with suspancion on if not it will rubbing all the time i dont now whay my freand have 22 s and nathig hapend too him hi have 2002 s500 wrr i wiil post the pictures toomorow

·
Registered
2000 S Class
60 Posts
20's are absolutely perfect on the S. 22's while they do look good are for the 745's and new S550's. But I will admit that red one looks pretty nice i think i saw it on cardomain.

·
Registered
2001 s430
6 Posts
22's

hey whats up i have a 2001 s430 and i tried some 22's on my car last night and the only problem i had is that the upper control arm bolt touches the tire. the size of the tire was 245/30/22 and thats the size to all the other wheels. can anybody help me out with what to do?

·
Registered
1992 230CE Sportline MT
107 Posts
why stop at 22s.

why not 32s.

don't want to be the only "baller" in the neighborhood without wagon wheels on your mercedes.

yuck!
+1. Also make sure to go to Pep Boys, Autzone, whatever auto store is in your area, and buy those 22" stickers you can put on your fenders. That way everyone in da hood can know just how ballin' you really are.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Unbeleiveable!!!

THis is a 5 year old thread and the OP probably doesn't even have his car anymore and here we are getting all swolen for nothing , you all should feel really used... turning this ancient thread into a heated class war over nothng.

Let it die already..

·
Registered
2001 S430, 2001 M5
155 Posts
Unbeleiveable!!!

THis is a 5 year old thread and the OP probably doesn't even have his car anymore and here we are getting all swolen for nothing , you all should feel really used... turning this ancient thread into a heated class war over nothng.

Let it die already..
I certainly don't feel used! And I'm not really sure what you mean by swollen. Anyway, opinions are opinions, and someone asked for opinions just a few days ago on this; hence, the replies are directed at that post, not the OP.

That question did, however, bring this thread back to life- thus the responses. I certainly will not hold back my opinions because I think someone won't like them- and I don't think anyone here has been rude or disrepectful; If this is your opinion, so be it. But "class war"? I have to say that's a bit exxagerated. But that's just my opinion! ;)

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I certainly don't feel used! And I'm not really sure what you mean by swollen. Anyway, opinions are opinions, and someone asked for opinions just a few days ago on this; hence, the replies are directed at that post, not the OP.

That question did, however, bring this thread back to life- thus the responses. I certainly will not hold back my opinions because I think someone won't like them- and I don't think anyone here has been rude or disrepectful; If this is your opinion, so be it. But "class war"? I have to say that's a bit exxagerated. But that's just my opinion! ;)
I see you've only been around here for a few months an that's cool. The thing is, I've seen time after time, a thread starts and every chimes in which is cool.

Then you look back, and the OP never had anything else to say except fot his original post.

I think sometime these guys just do this on purpose just to get the forum going or something.

Then, somehow, someone digs up the same thread with a Response to the OP not a new question... and here we go again...

I guess I should have said we all got used.. cuz we keep falling for the same thing ...

Who were these recent responses direct too? Well, no one because anyone who actually needed to hear those responses have been gone from this thread for years...So this whole revival was just pointless IMO.

This is coming from hanging around here for the past 4 or 5 years and keep seeing the same thing happen over and over again so I can understand why you can't really see why I said what I said. There should be an expiration time on some of these threads but that would effect the whole and we can't have that....But there is such a thing as etiquette that should come into play at some point.

BTW, swollen is just an acronym for being upset or irritated.

·
Registered
2001 S430, 2001 M5
155 Posts
Well-expounded. Although I will always agree with the segment here that feels that big, blingy rims are an affront to the MB brand, I appreciate your sentiments.

Oh. BTW. With all due respect, an acronym is a series of letters, as in an abbreviation, with each letter having a meaning. NASA. CIA. LMFAO. Etc.

I think you're looking for euphemism. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts