Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some rims on my 99ML320 i was wondering if dodge charger rims would fit on my ML I know they are a different pattern but i can get some pretty expensive wheels for a low price from someone going to IRAQ is there anything i can do an adapter change the lug pattern etc. PLEASE HELP MY TIME'S RUNNING out

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to put some rims on my 99ML320 i was wondering if dodge charger rims would fit on my ML I know they are a different pattern but i can get some pretty expensive wheels for a low price from someone going to IRAQ is there anything i can do an adapter change the lug pattern etc. PLEASE HELP MY TIME'S RUNNING out
You'll have to find out what the bolt pattern is for those rims. I know the W163 has a 5 bolt 112 pattern. It would also depend on what the offset on the rims as well. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
With 22 rims you have to very careful with tire choice.
Mine 285/35/22 rub the fenders on extreme bumps.
Turned out that 285 is not equal OEM (for ML55) 285 and the thread crown is almost 1" wider.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML350 (W163), Black 2007 C230 Sport (W203)
82 Posts
You should not have a problem fitting 22" wheels on your ML so long as they are no wider than 10" and are the correct offset. I believe the offset should be between 33 and 42 depending and recommended tire size is 265/35/22 depending on width of course. As for fitting rims of a Dodge charge it would most likely not be possible without clearance issues. You can try 1 of 2 things assuming the width and offset is correct. You can try wheel adapters.. I believe the Dodge has a 5x115 bolt pattern.. keep in mind the offset of the rim would have to be even higher than recomended for the ML (see above) to compensate for the adapter/ spacer which should be available in 25cm or 1".Might also be possible to have a local shop drill out new bolts again assuming the offset and width is correct.. will also depend on the design of the wheels whether that is an option. FYI.. should run you about $25.00 per wheel to have them drilled out. Let me know if you have any other questions..

·
Registered
2000 ML55 AMG
315 Posts
Post up the Charger wheels specs and we'll be able to help further.

1. Wheel offset - will be a number cast into the back of the wheel like this: "ET ##"
2. Wheel width
3. Tire size (if they come with tires already)

If I know these numbers, I can tell you if there's room to run an adapter.

btw, you'd better be saving at least $500, because that's how much adapters are probably going to cost you, maybe even more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
FYI.. In the case that adapters will be an option they will run you around $200.00 and will most like not be available any smaller than 25 cm. Again as Porschenut mentioned if you can get the dimensions we should be able to tell you if this will be an option. The offset should be around 60 if you want these to fit without any clearence issues which will probably not be the case if these are coming off a Dodge Charger. As for the width and tire size they will most likely be within the range you will need but of course it wouldn't do any good if the offset is off.

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys a lot of great answers i think i may have to redrillk the holes as BC sounds suggested i also need to find out the wheel offset

·
Registered
82 Posts
thanks guys a lot of great answers i think i may have to redrillk the holes as BC sounds suggested i also need to find out the wheel offset
No problem.. just wanted to clarify something.. should most likely run you about $50.00 or so per wheel to have them redrilled. Not sure why I was thinking $25.00. :confused: My apologies... please let me know if you are able to get the rims to fit and do send pics if possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Post up the Charger wheels specs and we'll be able to help further.

1. Wheel offset - will be a number cast into the back of the wheel like this: "ET ##"
2. Wheel width
3. Tire size (if they come with tires already)

If I know these numbers, I can tell you if there's room to run an adapter.

btw, you'd better be saving at least $500, because that's how much adapters are probably going to cost you, maybe even more.
Hey Porschenut, wanted to ask you.. what width and offset are your rims and do they cleare the fenders?

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK THanks BC sounds good im getting the rims at a steal so the extra 200 would still have them well under retail

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK THanks BC sounds good im getting the rims at a steal so the extra 200 would still have them well under retail[

I say go for it! I would suggest you get myself or anyone else who could tell you whether they will fit the exact dimmensions, offset etc. before you make the purchase. FYI.. 22" rims I ordered are a different bolt pattern and I am getting them to fit. Had trouble finding rims I liked for the right price with the exact dimensions bolt pattern and offset I needed. They should be arriving this Thurday. :D Will send pics once they are installed if you dont mind.. would like to know what you think.

·
Registered
2000 ML55 AMG
315 Posts
Hey Porschenut, wanted to ask you.. what width and offset are your rims and do they cleare the fenders?

My wheels are 22x10.5" with a 42mm offset. I'm also running a 15mm front spacer and a 20mm rear spacer. They don't exactly clear the fenders, but rather sit flush with them when viewed from the front or rear of the truck. While my truck is lowered, they never seem to touch the plastic flares since the suspension is so stiff.

One important note, my wheel combination definitely won't work on a narrow bodied ML. The 15mm front spacer was a minimum requirement just to have the wheel spokes clear the front calipers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you Porschenut!
That helps.. I ordered 22X10.5 with a 40mm offset and was just wondering if I was going to have a problem clearing the fenders since I plan on lowering about 2" or so. Hate to keep bothering you but would you mind telling me how low a drop you have and what springs you used. Also would like to know if you cut or altered the springs and or shocks in any way. By the way.. love your ML.. wish I would see more with a set up like yours.

·
Registered
2000 ML55 AMG
315 Posts
Thank you Porschenut!
That helps.. I ordered 22X10.5 with a 40mm offset and was just wondering if I was going to have a problem clearing the fenders since I plan on lowering about 2" or so. Hate to keep bothering you but would you mind telling me how low a drop you have and what springs you used. Also would like to know if you cut or altered the springs and or shocks in any way. By the way.. love your ML.. wish I would see more with a set up like yours.

Eibach springs (they were lower than the H&Rs), Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks and H&R anti-sway bars. All were off the shelf parts, unaltered.

Unless you're driving a fender flare equipped ML, I think you're going to have problems with your wheels. I think your 10.5" wheel with a 40mm offset will poke out noticeably beyond the body.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Eibach springs (they were lower than the H&Rs), Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks and H&R anti-sway bars. All were off the shelf parts, unaltered.

Unless you're driving a fender flare equipped ML, I think you're going to have problems with your wheels. I think your 10.5" wheel with a 40mm offset will poke out noticeably beyond the body.

Thank you Porschenut! You are most likely right.. I expect them to come out about .5 to 1 inch or so however I plan on having fenders flares installed before the wheels are mounted. Should look just right.. at least its what im hoping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts