Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ml500 2006 gsx-r750
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought these from porshenut and had them installed will take better pics tommorow..not sure if the picture worked

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 ML55 AMG
315 Posts
Nice, it's looking good. Post up more photos when you get a chance.

btw, in my rush that day I forgot to take you for a spin in my truck. Before you make a decision on lowering suspension, give me a call and I'll let you take mine for a rip. You may or may not like the stiff ride so it'd be a good idea to try it out before you buy.

Cheers

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Do the wheels stick out from the fenders? Looks like you need the flares.

·
Registered
2004 ml500 2006 gsx-r750
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope they are almost flush..i like the way they look not going to lower it or get any flares..dvd navi is next as soon as the tax refund comes in

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Don't you already have dvd nav?
I think he's in Canada. Based on a few recent posts ML500s over there don't get DVD nav standard, even if the ML500s here do.

·
Registered
2000 ML55 AMG
315 Posts
pirrelli scorpion 265/35/22 but i want to go wider in the rear
K,

You should be aware that your tires have to be carefully matched. The tire sidewall height has to be the same front to rear because of the 4 wheel drive system. Due to the limited range of tires available in a 22" size, you're not going to be able to find a combo that will work. If you were running an 18", the story would be different.

The only sizes that would work in a 22:
265/35/22
285/35/22
295/30/22

All of them have different sidewall heights so you can't mix and match.

Basically, if you want to go wider in the rear, you're going to have to use the same tire up front.

Sorry to disappoint, but your truck is far too nice and I can't allow you to ruin your drivetrain like that. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts