Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

I have a 2102 GL450 that blew the drivers side rear air bag. I decided since that one went the others were not far behind. So I would swapped out the whole system with a new compressor and new air springs all around. I used Arnott A-2575 air springs on the front and Arnott A-2596 air springs on the rear. Me and my buddy did the whole job in about 3.5 hours. We buttoned everything up mindful that when we lowered the vehicle we did so to normal ride height. We turned the key and the front did fine. Air springs inflated and stopped when they were supposed to. However, the rear did not budge. Got nothing. No inflation at all. Air springs are as the came out of the box. I know they are good. There are no leaks in the system. What am I missing? Is there a sensor somewhere that needs to be adjusted. I'd find it hard to believe that the ride height sensors in the rear are faulty. They worked fine before the replacements were installed. I gotta be missing something. Probably simple but I just don't know. Any help would be grateful!

Frank Halstead
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
It might be as simple as you forgot to connect the sensor. I did so one time on a Volvo after cleaning the throttle-body, I forgot to plug it in and the car would not start properly!

Hope this helps,
Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It might be as simple as you forgot to connect the sensor. I did so one time on a Volvo after cleaning the throttle-body, I forgot to plug it in and the car would not start properly!

Hope this helps,
Good luck.
My guess would be the sensor also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I realize I am replying to an old post, but I appear to have the same issue. Any closure to this issue? Was it the level sensor that was the issue??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
additive
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing