Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have searched the internet and cannot come up with any answers, so I was hoping someone would know.. I am considering a 1999 e320 4matic wagon and was curious as to the dimensions for the following: distance from tailgate to back of rear seats, width from side to side and height from tailgate to interior ceiling. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
About

floor to head liner 33" tailgate to back of rear seats(not the 3rd row seats) approx 45" side to side width wheel wells to work around about 45"
Total cu.ft. with all seats folded down is about 84cu. ft. biggest in its class and more then a ford suv
Mercedes-Benz E320 Wagon - Features - European Car Magazine
more specs on edmunds.com
Have fun,great cars:thumbsup:

inspect,inspect,inspect
:bowdown:eek:hlord
roof top pod adds even more room.

·
Registered
632 Posts
BTW, it is also possible to remove the right rear seat cushion, lower the seat back and lower (recline) the right front seat back until there is a 'channel' about 15" x 30" and 10' long from the dash to the rear hatch.

·
Registered
35,805 Posts
On the practical note, I was carrying 80" doors inside with rear seats folded. 10' pipes go into the passenger floor area with some flex.
4x8 Sheetrock, or plywood needs to have part cut for the driver's head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and thanks for the measurements! I want to sell my Jeep cherokee and get one of these, and according to these measurements, its about the same. I am so happy. I am tired of driving that Jeep and I figure that with the 4matic and snow tires, it should be pretty decent in the snow,just without the ground clearance. Just to double check, I couldnt quite understand the measurement from tailgate to the back of the front seats, in other words- flat surface with all seats down. Thanks Again

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
That was

to the back of the rear seats,what you asked for ,correct?Car is out on the road now,so no way to give you the measure to the back of the front seats.:)
:bowdown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I just read what I posted and that is what I asked, Sorry. I need a proof-reader!! Yes I was actually curious as to the depth to the back of the front seats. Sorry for the confusion. Even with the other measurements, it still has more room than the Cherokee!! Thanks Again

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Figure

between 75-83 inches or so,depending how far the seat is back and the angle of the seat back.
:bowdown:eek:hlord

1 - 9 of 9 Posts