Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum;

I finally had time to do the pics of modifying the star diagnostic connector from radio to comand.
The wire that star uses to communicate with the radio/command must be moved to the proper position in the plug if you make this mod.

This is not a real easy mod as the short wires make the move a little hard. The trick here is to take your time and be careful with each move.

A Hint. Just in case you release all wires and have to put them back properly, make a diagram showing the position and color code of each wire as you start.

With the wire in the correct hole, any indy can now turn on your video in motion as well as other neat options.
Hope this helps.
B

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pub of im ?s

Correction;
To split the connector you can punch the square hole from THE TOP also, this might be easier, either way works.

Also, see the wire in the proper position for comand.

B

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 E430 V8 , 1981 240D DIESEL
195 Posts
radio to comand mod

i have a 98 e430. i don't think comand was offered until 2000. do i still need to do this modification? i have already install my 2.0 comand. i am having a problem retrofitting a fibre optic cd changer model 3198 to my 2.0 comand. when i select cd on my comand it say cdc is being started or a few seconds and then it says no cd. the cdc has power and i can eject or insert the magazine anytime but it seems like the cd player is not pulling the cds out of the magazine to play. thanks in advance

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
X11/4 diagnostic connector pin move comand

Hello again;
Not a bump but for completeness from questions I have gotten,,,

" In order for the dealer to configure the COMAND system the head-unit must connect to diagnostic connector at pin number 34 relative.

If your car had a standard radio, then the cable will already go from pin 2 of the A connector to pin 33 of the X11/4 diagnostic connector – it is likely to be coloured grey. The diagnostic connector comes apart and the pin-insert can be easily moved from 33 to pin 34. Be careful as some of the connections have power when the ignition is off."

See the attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 E430 V8 , 1981 240D DIESEL
195 Posts
hi, i am just getting around to do this conversion. if i understand you correctly, i need to move pin 2 to pin 33 and pin 33 to pin 34. please let me know if this is correct. also do you remember how long it takes and how much it cost for the dealer to reprogram the cd changer? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts