Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Martin from sweden here.

Have a problem i cant solve. I have read many topics about missfire but none can help me.

The car hade for starter misfire cyl 3 5 and 6. I found that there was ht cable problem with the 3 and 5cyl, so that was sorted out. Now the 6cyl is dead.

I have checked: Good compression 12-13kg. Fuel pressure 3,8bar. Tryed new maf, cp sensor. injektors, ignition system (coil leads and pluggs) from working car.

Ive plugged in a sparkplugg in the leads, and i have spark. The injektor are "clicking" but no response what so ever from the cylinder.

Looked in the cylinder with scope, and the valves are opening.

Could there be a timing problem? i found a old topic on this exact problem, but there was no solution..

hope sombody could help me
/Martin

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,752 Posts
Ignition timing or valve timing would affect all cylinders. How did you determine that it is cylinder #6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read out misfire fault codes in stardiagnosis, and then disconected the injektor. and also the coil. And there is no reaction what so ever on cyl 6 : /

/Martin

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,752 Posts
When you inspected cylinder with scope did it look dry inside? Or wet with fuel or oil. Have you tried to look with injector rail moved up if injector #6 is spraying?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts