Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300CD, 1985.5 Porsche 944, 1969 Triumph TR6, 1998 Land Rover Discovery I, 1992 Volvo 240
1,359 Posts
Some may think buying these Pirelli's is going over the top, but I once sold a spare tire that still had the numbs on it to a Ferrari owner just because it had the proper build date on the sidewall. Mind you this was just for show purposes and no matter how new the tread was it probably wasn't safe for highway speeds.

I tend to always put stock in what tires are on a car that I am looking to purchase. I tend to feel a car with Pirellis, Michelins, even Continentals or similar top of the line tires has had better care given to it than say a car with some cheaper Chinese tires.

·
Registered
2011 E350
29 Posts
it is worth noting that although these tyres have a correct period tread pattern and a carcass that is designed to compliment a classic car chassis they are produced by Pirelli, who are always a top brand tyre manufacturer and never cheap.

They benefit from modern quality control and the compounds and components within them are of the highest quality. they are a Pirelli

21 - 23 of 23 Posts