Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2021 C43 Navigation W/ SD Card

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tirgoman 
#1 ·
My new C43 didn't come with Nav. There is no Nav option on the home screen. HOWEVER, when I push the voice button and ask to navigate somewhere, a message comes up saying to insert a Navigation SD Card. OK, so I bought one and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on what I softwrare I could have the dealership add to the car to allow the SD card to work? Thank You!!

#7 ·
Have a new very basic 2022 GLC300 without Navigation or Drivers Assist pkg. However I would like to add those items if possible. Dealer says that adding a chip or SD card upgrade now is not an option. Said to go to aftermarket - confused? Anyone know if that kind of upgrade is available from MB?

#6 ·
Was there not a computer chip shortage that was causing an issue with navigation.
I can’t imagine a C43 coming without navigation.
Maybe the dealer has forgotten to mention this.
Not that I'm aware of. We were kind of shocked as well that a AMG C43 didn't come with Nav. It was the last C43 in a huge area of states so we took it. It didn't come with "High Beam Assist" either. I'm told by the Service Manager at our Dealership that MB has developed an SD Card with software and maps in Europe but not the USA. He said he felt sure if the car were there we could activate Nav.

We have returned the SD Card the Dealership bought for us and are learning to use Andorid Auto. No matter, we still won't get lost!! :cool:

Thanks for your response!!

#8 ·
Have a 2019 C43, options that year were no nav options, a vehicle pre-wired for what was called Mercedes Garmin Nav or Multi-media Nav. The Mercedes Garmin Nav required a SD card be purchased at the dealer. Plug it in and it activated. Still $3000 cheaper than the MultiMedia package. You need to look at the window sticker and see if your car was pre-wired or not. If not, there are no options, sorry. BTW, I have the SD option and it includes Live Traffic and works great with no monthly charges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.