Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

641 - 660 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
For the record, I will vote either Bernie or Warren this cycle. I'm concerned Sanders' age will become an issue, and it should, and that's why Warren (not perfect but fairly progressive) is in the mix.

Sanders/Warren would be my ideal ticket.

Also, and for the pessimists around, I continue to predict a landslide victory for democrats. I think Trump will lose by historic margins.

You heard it here first...
I like Warren a lot and think she'd rip Trump to pieces in a debate. I also like Mayor Pete.

I'd think it would be a historical blow out too, but just the fact that Trump is president today, makes me throw that entire gut feeling out the window.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Wrong - the illegal, dead, machine votes etc, etc display a defined loss. Snopes etc is misleading you. Russia Russia Russia ! (How was that lie ? )

Wrong again - no facebook.

Thank you for playing.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
They just won the last election with largest margin in mid term history...no matter what memes you swipe off facebook say.
Not quite. While Democrats certainly did well, their margins of victory wasn't much greater than typical gains made by the opposition party in an any off year election. Regardless of what memes you might read on leftist blogs, it wasn't the "largest margin in mid term history".

Democrats in 2018:
House - net gain 41 seats
Senate - net loss of 2 seats
Gubernatorial - net gain 7 state governorships

Republicans in 1994:
House - net gain 54 seats
Senate - net gain 8 seats
Grubernatorial - net gain 10 state governorships

From Wikipedia:

The 2018 United States elections were held Tuesday, November 6, 2018. These midterm elections occurred during the presidency of Republican Donald Trump. Thirty-five of the 100 seats in the United States Senate and all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives were contested. Thirty-nine state and territorial governorships as well as numerous state and local elections were also contested.
In the United States House of Representatives, Democrats made a net gain of 41 seats. The Democratic Party gained a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives, thereby ending the federal trifecta that the Republican Party had established in the 2016 elections. In the United States Senate, Republicans expanded their majority by two seats. As a result of the 2018 elections, the 116th United States Congress became the first Congress since the 99th United States Congress (elected in 1984) in which the Democrats control the U.S. House of Representatives and the Republicans control the U.S. Senate. In the state elections, Democrats gained seven state governorships, control of at least 350 state legislative seats, and control of six state legislative chambers.

The 1994 United States elections were held on November 8, 1994. The elections occurred in the middle of Democratic President Bill Clinton's first term in office, and elected the members of 104th United States Congress. The elections have been described as the "Republican Revolution" because the Republican Party captured unified control of Congress for the first time since the 1954 elections.
Republicans picked up eight seats in the Senate and won a net of 54 seats in the House of Representatives, taking control of that chamber for the first time since the 1954 elections. Republicans also picked up a net of ten governorships and took control of many state legislative chambers.

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
Elizabeth Warren is on the rise among Democratic voters, but she and other Democrats are less popular with the overall electorate, raising concerns about a bruising primary that could go on for the better part of the next year, a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds.

The survey also finds President Trump continuing to struggle, with economic concerns seemingly starting to affect his standing, leaving a cloudy picture about the 2020 presidential election.

Here are some key findings from the poll and how the results indicate what's ahead in 2020...

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
con·flate
(kən-flāt′)
tr.v. con·flat·ed, con·flat·ing, con·flates
To bring together; meld or fuse: "The problems [with the biopic] include ... dates moved around, lovers deleted, many characters conflated into one" (Ty Burr).
2. To combine (two variant texts, for example) into one whole.
3. To fail to distinguish between; confuse. See Usage Note below.
[Latin cōnflāre, cōnflāt- : com-, com- + flāre, to blow; see bhlē- in Indo-European roots.]
con·fla′tion n.
Usage Note: Traditionally, conflate means "To bring together; meld or fuse," as in the sentence I have trouble differentiating Jane Austen's heroines; I realized I had conflated Elizabeth Bennet and Emma Woodhouse into a single character in my mind. In our 2015 survey, 87 percent of the Usage Panelists accepted this traditional usage. Recently, a new sense for conflate has emerged, meaning "To mistake one thing for another," as if it were a synonym for confuse. In 2015, our usage panelists found this new sense to be marginally acceptable, with 55 percent accepting the sentence People often conflate the national debt with the federal deficit; when the senator talked about reducing the debt, he was actually referring to the deficit.

I'm in the 55% on this one

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
I see what you did there and somewhat get the point you are trying to make

but where we may not agree is I think the traditional battleground states

remain the same-

and they're not cali or NY or Washington

and I only see one candidate talking to them.

i wish that was not the case.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
jerry nadler is an embarrassment and needs to step down from dem committee chair-

he's gotta go now.

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
Trump supporters are the majority of the voting populace. Recognize that first and then work against it.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Trump supporters are the majority of the voting populace. Recognize that first and then work against it.
What evidence do you have to support that? Every poll in existence shows Trump with public approval numbers well below half. He's had a good week if he breaks into the 40's.

641 - 660 of 663 Posts
About this Discussion
662 Replies
32 Participants
Brian VT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing