Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

601 - 620 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
That can't be right. Abortion rights and gun control are the most important issues facing America today.
Not sure about that. Talked about...yeah but for varying reasons. But most important? Not necessarily.

They may very well be the most "discussed or debated" issues of late but I'm not convinced either are likely to be the primary issues most voters will concentrate on in the coming election. Both categories could be said to "impact" specific demographics for various reasons but healthcare is, in my humble opinion, widely regarded as a vastly more "universal" concern.

Not everyone cares about or needs access to abortions or guns regardless of the focus being placed upon them...but everybody needs decent healthcare.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
dumb question from a Canuck

Can Pelosi run for the Democrats and why hasn't she?

She has oodles of experience and seems adept at putting Trump in his place
1.) She can, as she was born in the United States. She is eligible to be President.
2.) She's apparently quite happy with being the leader of the Democrats in the house (currently Speaker of the House, as the Dems have the majority in that chamber). The Speaker of the House has a lot of power.
3.) Her "oodles of experience" is part of the problem; she's as corrupt as corrupt can be, and she, like most politicians, will switch her story to whichever way she thinks the wind is blowing at that time. She's essentially the House version of Mitch McConnell.
4.) Democrats and their allies will agree with you about "putting Trump in his place". Republicans and their allies see her as a lying sack of you-know-what. Many of us who are neither Democrat nor Republican often see her as someone we'd not want as President, for being too much in bed with the big-money special interests. Like I said, just like Mitch McConnell that way.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Not sure about that. Talked about...yeah but for varying reasons. But most important? Not necessarily.

They may very well be the most "discussed or debated" issues of late but I'm not convinced either are likely to be the primary issues most voters will concentrate on in the coming election. Both categories could be said to "impact" specific demographics for various reasons but healthcare is, in my humble opinion, widely regarded as a vastly more "universal" concern.

Not everyone cares about or needs access to abortions or guns regardless of the focus being placed upon them...but everybody needs decent healthcare.

I agree with you. Sorry, I was being sarcastic and I neglected to use the sarcasm tag.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
dems need to keep this elitist pub immigrant bullshit thingy going until election-

keep baiting trump and make the senate pubs forced to give their lame responses

emperor donny and king mitch and his court...

white purity is a winner!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Biden said, “...poor kids are just as smart as white kids.”
Imagine what the MSM and Dems would be doing if our President had said that.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Well, I wouldn't go that far--that set of tweets about those four Congresswomen was pretty bad--but "Shotgun" Joe Biden is obviously hardly innocent, either, so for me, it's a situation of, "pot, meet kettle".

601 - 620 of 663 Posts
About this Discussion
662 Replies
32 Participants
Brian VT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing