Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1987 1250L Doka
194 Posts
Shaun,

Joe has his 404 Doctorate.

Your repair is doable in the drive way with out a cab pull, with common tools and a hoist. You can do it and you will all the more in awe of the Mog. Your pocket book will love you as well.

Best,
Eric

·
Registered
1966 Mercedes 404 Unimog Buggy
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You make it sound so easy!

I don't have any of that level equipment to be pulling the cab and motor. Hopefully I can find somebody who can do it.

I will open up the port and look in though. Is that the one on the side behind the spare wheel?

cheers
Been a while. How is your 404 looking after the break down?

·
Registered
MERZ-1987 435t U1300 Krankenwagen--OM366A--fast axles-Binz Ambulance box. Hellgeth engine upgrade
696 Posts
Hi Joey O-- what was the finalized date for Calico MogFest this October? I am already preparing. Plus there is a group doing the Mojave Trail from Needles back to Yermo in late October.-- time to plan in advance!!!---:))) so we can have a big turnout!!! Mog's-Halfys- Pinzies- jeeps-- etc

·
Registered
1983 Unimog U900
14 Posts
Jealous! I love the Mojave, and used to 4-wheel there a lot 15-20 years ago. I highly recommend Dennis Casebier's guide (and how can you go wrong with name like that?). I took a trip or two with him in the group, a great guy. It's a guide book for people who never use guide books. There is an amazing amount of history out there, and a lot of interesting things you'll miss if you don't know about them. Mojave Road Guide - Dennis G Casebier - DesertUSA Store

·
Registered
1966 Mercedes 404 Unimog Buggy
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Joey O-- what was the finalized date for Calico MogFest this October? I am already preparing. Plus there is a group doing the Mojave Trail from Needles back to Yermo in late October.-- time to plan in advance!!!---:))) so we can have a big turnout!!! Mog's-Halfys- Pinzies- jeeps-- etc
Officially we are looking at October 13th-15th 2017. Which reminds me I better get my reservations in :)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts