Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all Moggers,
The annual Calico/Yermo MogFest is almost here. The event will take place Oct-9-10-11. I will arrive the 8th for a nice 4 day vacation in the desert. Call Yermo KOA for your camp reservations.
We are searching for a good--Mexican food venue for saturday night. Friday will be potluck so bring a dish you can share with the group as we eat and BS around the campfire.
Get the word out so we can have a mog showing like the old days at Calico!!!---We miss all of you mog and Pinz owners. the jeepers are always welcome also.
Expect weather in the mid-80's and low 90's during the day and 50's at night.
So get yur rigs ready and show up for some good fellowship and trail riding---with choices of trails--- from mild to wild.
See you there and thanks to you--- that you will be there!!
Tlane
1987-435t-Ambulance Mog

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fond memories of past Mogfests. Anybody that hasn't attended should try to go. A great bunch of people. Joe O'bremski let me ride along the first year I went. I hope to get there next year with my soon to be completed 1300L camper.Thanks for bringing it back to Calico.

·
Registered
196 Posts
James has sent the shirts off the to presses! Preordered shirts are covered, rest will be first come first serve!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Eric, Terry got you guys on down for shirts. How many do you guys have for the catered dinner Saturday night?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe I am coming alone, put down Kevin an Kirsten Strain also for the dinner/potluck.
TLane

·
Registered
196 Posts
We are getting really close now! Don't forget to get me tshirt size/counts and dinner counts for the Saturday night dinner so we can get accurate numbers to the food folks. Last year we OVER estimated to make sure no one went hungry and came out of pocket for the difference. So far I only have 8 confirmed for dinner?:frown

Friday's potluck will include a turkey again but this time we will be experimenting with and IR Smoker which is said to give you the fried turkey flavor without the vegetable oil.. Should be interesting :)

I have 8 bottles of Mogarita mix ready for our blending pleasure! Any ideas for other adult beverages to unwind after a day wheelin?:devil

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well small change of plans. Due to low response numbers for the catered dinner that part of the show is cancelled so don't forget to plan a meal. Potluck is still on for Friday night so bring your favorite eats to share.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe
With all the Unimogs in Calif. I am amazed that there isn't much response!!! Pretty sad.
Oh well I know you and I will be there, Draper an his 406, Eric with his 1250 Doka, Kevin an his U1350L, and hopefully more unimogs. I don't get it. I'm jockeying work days to be there
and will miss out on some $$$ by going but Calico MogFest is important stuff. We will have fun. I'm sure others will show --as well as jeepers and Pinzies.
I'm am getting Mog ready with the little things so we can hit the road soon. I put my XM-47's back on yesterday an am working on an air leak problem but other than that am road worthy. I would like to do a run out to Black Canyon Wilderness if possible to see the petroglyphs again. I want to research how old they are.
Best to You Joe and thanks for your effort,
TLane

·
Registered
193 Posts
Terry,

Those petroglyphs are between 7 to 10,000 years old. Better hurry.

If we leave early on Sat. morn there is a nice loop route through a spot called opal valley. Long day run.

Wet your interest Moggers?

Eric

·
Registered
196 Posts
As usual I don't care what I'm doing as long as I'm in my Unimog :) Or near it sitting around camp with a cool adult beverage and other cool moggers!

James received the t-shirts yesterday! Wow shirts not at the last minute? Has this ever happened at any event ever? ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Calico/Yermo Mog Fest Oct-9-10-11

Moggers,
Mog Fest is just 6 days away. I hope to see a bunch of you there. The weather
will be balmy days and cool at night. Bring a food serving to share friday night and plan your
own saturday night meal.---Mine will be rib steak!!--- I wrestled the XM-47 spare tire an wheel into the back of the Binz box 15 minutes ago and need a rest. Thanks to the neighbor lady who helped me. Mog is ready to go---Bring plenty of sun screen and water. Get your camera packed as well as adult beverages at night. Although Joey O will have the bar open at his gooseneck trailer bed, Mogaretta ville. I have to work thursday but get off at noon from school so will role in later at Coors/martini time.
Looking forward.
tLane
435T-Krankenwagen

·
Registered
196 Posts
"It's the final countdown" ban ner ner, ba na ner ner... (Ok Ok I won't quit my day job....) ;)

It's almost here! I'll be heading out tomorrow morning! Don't forget to bring your stuff for sale!

I personally have:
- 404 dog house covers
- 406 power steering system (EVERYTHING)
- 404 pedal assembly
- 404 fan
- 404 oil bath air filter
- 404 wiper fluid bottle and holder
- 404 wiper moters
- 404 parking brake handle assembly
- 404 panhard bars (2)
- 404 drag link
- and more that I can't think of right now!

Everyone who I put down for shirts is covered with the following remaining: 3M, 7L, 9XL, 6XXL, 1XXXL, 2XXXXL

Get them before they are GONE!

ALSO! If you have firewood, bring some for the fire pit!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Howdy Joe, I'll take one XXL please. We'll work out the money after I send you your shirts.
You guys have fun and be safe. See if you can get Terry's tires dirty.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Howdy Joe, I'll take one XXL please. We'll work out the money after I send you your shirts.
You guys have fun and be safe. See if you can get Terry's tires dirty.....
I got a shirt sitting aside with your name on it.

:eek:eek:eek

Anyone coming to Mogfest have a spare front rubber brake line? We have a 404 that popped a rubber line at the front knuckle today. This is also a 404 that needs to drive home on Sunday.

Worst case he is side lined for the weekend and I can give him mine when I trailer home

:eek:eek:eek

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chas
I wheeled all night.-- desert rocky trails!! No trees in sight-- big boulders!!-- Indians behind every rock!!
Then I woke up an it was morning-- coffee time---:))
TLane

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
8 Participants
coachgeo
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing