Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some advice from you all.

I passed the flood and my car got water hammer, connecting rod cylinder 1 is bent.

Im on budget, so i just bought 1 piston and rod at the junkyard, the donor is w205 m274 (dont know if it was c200/c250/c300). At home, i compare the piston and rod with the car's original, and they are different.

In the picture, the piston and rod arrowed is the one i bought. The piston head with 'A2741517' is car's original.

Can i use them (piston+rod from junkyard)?
Or is it better to use only the rod (i bought from junkyard) and original piston?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,822 Posts
You must use the exact same rod and piston for that engine. If you don’t you will create an unbalanced engine. This will cause a vibration in the engine. It should actually be the exact same weight as the one pulled out. The pistons will have damage to it if you’ve bent the rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must use the exact same rod and piston for that engine. If you don’t you will create an unbalanced engine. This will cause a vibration in the engine. It should actually be the exact same weight as the one pulled out. The pistons will have damage to it if you’ve bent the rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see, thanks for the info. Will try to find the same parts..

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts