Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1100 KM, nice raised bed with toolboxes built in. I don't think I have seen a bed exactly like this before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,730 Posts
Looks like a "usual" drop side (three way?) mog bed on top of a utility body type bed box? Obviously someone really needed it for a unique job. Nice winch.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for sale along with another one, white single cab with an identical brush bar, no bed. They seem to be a pair, both with very low miles, as if they were ordered up for a venture or a contract that didn't pan out. Pure speculation.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think these trucks were part of a fleet ordered for Mexico. Could be Pemex. The Brush bar is of a style seen in Mexico on the UNIMOGS.

I found a photo with a whole line up of them, but I've misplaced it for now.

Here is the same truck, or its double, shown with the head UNIMOG guy for Mexico.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, of the two trucks (Doka and Single cab Without a bed) , The single cab was photographed at the Schussler Dealership in Germany. The Doka
in the field was in Germany, and it appeared (or an identical one) in multiple online truck ads. Both trucks were for sale, in Germany, I can verify that.

By looking at the inside photo with a whole row of these trucks lined up, it appears there was a large fleet order placed. Whether they were all for sale in Germany, or some may have made it to Mexico, I do not know. Aside from the Military, PEMEX seems to be the main consumer of UNIMOGs
in Mexico.

I would contact Schussler directly first, and then I'd contact Neil at MEREX. If there was indeed a large contract order for a number of trucks, and something fell through, these two dealers will more than likely know about the situation.

Years ago, there was a wad of Big Doka Firetrucks, barely used, and they all hit the market at the same time. I believe they were from Portugal.
The two dealers I mentioned were all over that group of trucks, as well as other Dealers. Prices were high or low for the same trucks, depending on who was doing the listing.

I can also say that none of these trucks are likely to have made it to the USA.

The Photo of the Truck with the UNIMOG 'Guy' in Mexico- well, it could be in Mexico, or it could be in Germany. Neither the building in the background nor the red car give me enough information to make a guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you very much for the extended explanation. I will connect to Schuessler first and see what information they have on these trucks.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have any luck with Schussler ?

I did some more poking around, and I can say that these trucks were indeed part of a fleet order for Mexico, but they were not for PEMEX. They were headed to CFE, which is the National Power company, dealing with the electrical grid throughout Mexico.

I'd say that they must have cancelled part of their order, which is why these trucks wound up for sale in Germany.

The Red UHN's are Fire trucks in Mexico, not CFE trucks, but they show the identical grill guard arrangement.

The building shown with the curved truss roof is in MEXICO, and is apparently part of the UNIMOG dealership/distributor in Mexico, as it shows up in a number of their photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More of these trucks are for sale In Germany, it appears.

At the ZAGRO site, under used vehicles listing, they have both the crew cab and the single cabs listed.

The single cab is almost a dead ringer for the one at Schussler, but it is rain-streaked, like it has been sitting on the Zagro lot for some time. It also shows a winch at the front, while it is not clear if the Schussler truck has one. The antennas on the roof appear to be in different spots on each truck.

For the DOKA, they use the same photo of a line up of these trucks, which was taken in Mexico City.

The site does not off any details, just the listing in the Used Vehicle section.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Offer any details"- I just noticed.

It is almost as if TYPOS wait a few days to show up, just to screw with you...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts