Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 C300 Sport 4matic
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help on a couple things,I have a 2014 cla 250 which does not have nav or the backup cam.The car does have the PO1 prem pkge along with the Becker map pilot prewiring also.So i guess i need to know my options for both...plug and play? Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2013 C300 4Matic, 98 SL500 SP1 Pano, 2014 CLA-250 4Matic
294 Posts
jj2828,

In the same 'boat' with my Wife's 2014 CLA-250 4matic. Told vehicle was per-wired (it is on build sheet) for both NAV and backup Cam.

I did end up installing the Becker Map Pilot but dealer will not install backup cam. Additionally, I was warned to be very careful about voiding the warranty. I have asked multiple dealers about backup cam install and have been told no so far. They refer to an outside shop but no one will indicate if the warranty is in jeopardy if aftermarket install.

I have found the actual cam but reluctant to risk any warrant issue with the amount of electronic in the vehicle. Please let me know if you find a viable option.

Tim

·
Registered
13 GLK350, 02 325, 94 sonoma, 12 RAM, 01 WS6
2,051 Posts
dealer can not void warranty if you have camera installed. federal law prohibits this.

NOW if said camera causes an issue later on while veh is under warranty than its not warranty.

adding factory backup will cost a small fortune. go aftermarket. there are several great aftermarket units out there.

BTW throw that becker in the trash. its a JOKE. get yourself a $100 Garman unit with free updates and enjoy it. Those Becker unit work 30% of the time and they are just plain horrible IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 2012 C250 that I added a backup camera to. Bought the camera off ebay that fits in the slot near the license plate lights, ran the wires to power and ground in the trunk's fusebox - and the camera wire was run all the way to the Rear Camera jack behind the head unit. You'll need a video extension cable to make the distance and hide it in the trim properly. You may need a FAKRA connector to plug into the head unit as the standard jacks may not work - easily found on Ebay too. Finally I went into the Engineering Menu in the Command system and turned ON the Rear-View Camera option and set it to work when using REVERSE. It even setup the red and yellow lines.

Though I'm sure it was a Chinese knock-off - it saved money, worked and I eventually sold the car. My 2014 CLA250 already has a backup camera, though the connectors in the Command head unit look the same, so I think you can do the same. I did notice one difference, the CLA250 backup camera has sort of a door to hide it when not in use. You may have to modify and make a place for it...

As for Navigation - both of mine have the COMMAND 4.5 NT N. America v.16 update - so I don't know much about the Becker.
So I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I have a 2014 CLA 250 with Park Assist and NAV system but no backup rear camera. I called the dealership and they said they don’t do it as it’s an aftermarket system that I need. Does anyone know what Camera System I could get and anyone who would install it? I live on Long Island NY. Thanks in advance for the help. FYI I’m not handy at all nor would I touch electrical stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts