Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I want to trash the rear airmatic suspension on my 2012 E350 S212 and I have been scouring the web for days but came up empty handed.

I might not be looking in the right places but it is frustrating...

Anyone have any info on where I can get one of these kits in Canada or, hell, anywhere else on earth for that matter?

It's driving me nutz.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered using direct factory replacement parts from a non-Airmatic car? See attachments. It seems possible to utilize off the shelf parts and then reprogram the car to "Airmatic not Present" to get rid of the instrument cluster warning. The kit you are looking for probably does not exist.

Good luck,

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered using direct factory replacement parts from a non-Airmatic car? See attachments. It seems possible to utilize off the shelf parts and then reprogram the car to "Airmatic not Present" to get rid of the instrument cluster warning. The kit you are looking for probably does not exist.

Good luck,

Bob
Thanks!! I have reconsidered and will just replace the faulty bellows. It's proving to be a pain in the butt to find anything that fits. I am not familiar with MB yet so I am sure I am having a harder time than someone who knows what he is looking for.

I now am having a hard time finding replacement bellows...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post VIN I will pull part #s so you can comparison shop OEM new/re-manufactured & aftermarket.
konigstiger, thanks for your help but I decided to take it to the garage and get it done there.
They have all the necessary parts and they come highly recommended.

I really appreciate you willing to take time for an MB n00b like me.

I'll report back when all is done.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The S212 is a wagon ... I don't think the model is made w/o anyplace ..... my guess is the suspension in the rear is not the same as the sedan.

It's the same as the W210 -- no way around fixing it correctly.

The wagons need the proper suspension for safe operation

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
No MB wagon had full metal suspension for last 40+ years.
Not sure about before neither.
Monkey it will bring the headlights adjustment issues to start with.

My w124 had self leveling as well -- since they sold them all over the world it's hard to tell. They did some strange things for the African market.

I replaced the struts in my w210 -- as well as accumulators.

Time will tell on my newly acquired 212

·
Registered
35,785 Posts
W123 had hydraulic leveling system with air spheres as well and 1st thing on them to fail was hydraulic hose at 15-20 years.
It is airmatic system that is hard to diagnose and full rebuild on 10 yo car cost more than car cost, while it takes high-end DIY to deal with it.
I did like my wagon air suspension, but sold it to get diesel sedan.
Too bad I can't have diesel wagon in this country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts