Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have owned this car for 4 years. At first it was a great car. However many costly issues came about but I will only go on about the major ones:

1. 2 years ago my engine failed on the highway during rush hour. Found a guy to put in a new one for $13k
2. 1 year ago the engine blew up while on the highway one Saturday morning. Covered under warranty (thank god)

Now the issue that I have now is that I get the engine light coming on and off. I had it diagnosed and it is the Ad Blu heater (again, fixed it 3x already) and the ECG (had that fixed only once).

However that is not the issue bugging me. The one that is bothering presently is the car drives weird. When driving and hitting around 30 km it may shake. When driving and it is shfting at 80 km, the car will drive a little rough and when it hits around 110 km the car will again drive a little rough. However when I gun it, the car drives fine and shifts property. Sorry I am Canadian and only know kms.

Personally I would have gotten rid of the car after the first engine failure but was still paying for the car. The car is paid off next year but will to bite the bullet and just get rid of it now.

Worst car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2006 R350 is finally on its way out, the mechanic just told me to stop putting money in and i am looking for another one. There is a 2011 R350 Bluetec 1 owner 151k miles for sale for $9000 in my hood in CT, buy it? any major issues with this diesel one? Older couple who owns it told me its all highway miles and they had no issues and no accident with it, Carfax confirms. what do you all think? what issues should i be looking for? diesel engines on the R350 good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And my R350 goes into limp mode while I was driving it on the freeway tonight. Had to get it towed back.

Totally done with the vehicle.

What a lemon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts