Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for pics of an actual ML550.....want to know if the tailpipes will be hidden a la ML350, or exposed like the ML63!?

Anyone know the answer to this? or better yet...any pics?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Where are the pipes?

Been looking for pics of an actual ML550.....want to know if the tailpipes will be hidden a la ML350, or exposed like the ML63!?

Anyone know the answer to this? or better yet...any pics?

thanks!
Unfortunately, the 550 will have hidden pipes as well. Totally nerdy, IMO. It gets the AMG Sport Package, whith a slightly different shape to the rear valance, but still hides the pipes. Aftermarket exhaust & rear valances should be big business! Here is a pic of the AMG kit on a 350:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
......crap!!!! that looks like $hit!!!
Totally agree. A truck is not a super luxe vehicle where exhausts are not to be seen or heard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry for your disappointment, I not a fan either. We were told only the AMG will get tailpipes/exhaust tips. This was an effort in styling to appear more green and responsible. I will say the AMG's look awesome.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I agree Greg...........

this was a mistake, to say a 550 with over 400 HP is supposed to be "green" makes no sense to me....I imagine in the mid-model change, this will be corrected...."Mercedes, wake up !!!!!!"

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wonder if a 2012 ML63 diffuser and exhaust would fit..?
I doubt it, without some custom work, but you know all the aftermarket tuners will have a fix. I'll be seriuosly considering such.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I doubt it, without some custom work, but you know all the aftermarket tuners will have a fix. I'll be seriuosly considering such.
Greg, I just looked at the photos and compared the bumpers. The only way to have revealed tips is to put a ML63 bumper on your 350. If your really interested, photoshopping it to see how it would look, would be a first good step. The only thing I would be worried about that if I'd do the mod is that the rear bumper from the ML63 will look horrible with the normal side skirts and front bumper.

Another idea would be to get a ML350 with a AMG sport package and just swap out the rear bumper and add the exhaust. I know someone will do it for sure.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts