Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML500 Inspiration Edition, 2012 ML550
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just got a 2012 ML550 with the lighting package, P2, and lane tracking. I noticed that when I turn the headlights on either in auto or actually on, the LEDs shut off. Is there a setting I can change that will allow the LEDs to remain on at all times as if they were fog lights?

Only reason I ask as I have noticed that non-lighting package MLs seem to have their LEDs on at all times.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Nope.. the daytime running lights would interfere with the adaptive high beams..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn, I was afraid of that. However, the LEDs interfering with the adaptive high beams makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
23 Posts
What?

The LEDs stay on in mine, but in a dimmer setting, if the main headlights are on. I assume you are talking about the LED light strip in the front bumper?

I have daytime driving lights set to on from the instrument cluster options. The only time they go off is if I select the evening light position where only the 'eyebrows' are lit up.

·
Registered
'12 ML350BlueTec
32 Posts
The LEDs stay on in mine, but in a dimmer setting, if the main headlights are on. I assume you are talking about the LED light strip in the front bumper?

I have daytime driving lights set to on from the instrument cluster options. The only time they go off is if I select the evening light position where only the 'eyebrows' are lit up.
By "eyebrows", are you referring to the yellow lights at the uppermost portiom of the lighting assembly? If so, I've seen a picture of these on by themselves but I can't figure out how to activate them on my vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes, I'm talking about the frond end LED strips. I do have them set as daytime running lights, but only work during the day. When the headlights switch on in Auto at night, they just completely shut off--they aren't even on in a dimmer setting. Now I have noticed that every ML with the standard halogen lights have them on when their headlights are active. However, with my xenons, they are forced off at night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By "eyebrows", are you referring to the yellow lights at the uppermost portiom of the lighting assembly? If so, I've seen a picture of these on by themselves but I can't figure out how to activate them on my vehicle.
I thought they activated in the setting that is just left of auto?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've attached pictures of the various lighting patterns, please select which one you get.
the 1st is what you get when opening or exiting the car in the dark.
The 2nd is what you get when you manually move the light switch counter-clockwise one position to the left (evening lights).
The 3rd is what you get when in 'normal' auto mode.

Pics of your ML550 would be nice too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,127 Posts
LEDs

You might learn something here:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts