Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, was hoping someone could help me out here. I have tried contacting MB customer support they know a very little about this vehicle and have referred it to the product experts. I have two basic issues:

1. There is no indication of "door or trunk open" on the instrument panel, only indication is the cabin light, which is kind of useless in the day time. Is there a setting I am missing? With 70+ sensors in the car, not having this indicator is kind of lame!!

2. I have S32 Command Navigation option installed that comes with 10GB music register. Manual clearly indicates that I can record musice from CD, SD Card or USB drive, but I don't see any option to move music from these devices into the music register. I have seen some videos in Australia whre they have enabled this option, not sure why its been disabled in the US models.

Would appreciate if someone could help me:
I have C250 Luxury Sedan with S32 Command Navigation and Sirius Radio option (no ipod kit).

Regards.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1. There is no indication of "door or trunk open" on the instrument panel, only indication is the cabin light, which is kind of useless in the day time. Is there a setting I am missing? With 70+ sensors in the car, not having this indicator is kind of lame!!

2. I have S32 Command Navigation option installed that comes with 10GB music register. Manual clearly indicates that I can record musice from CD, SD Card or USB drive, but I don't see any option to move music from these devices into the music register. I have seen some videos in Australia whre they have enabled this option, not sure why its been disabled in the US models.
QUOTE]

1. There are door open icon & trunk lid open icon that will display in the multifunction display. See manual, p.236 + 237 respectively.

2. I was informed that N. American cars have the copy function deactivated for SD card & USB drive. I am able to upload music from my CD to the Music Register. Choose the CD media, there is a "REC" function along the bottom. Use this to copy music files to any folders you want in the Music Register.

Good luck!

·
Registered
272 Posts
QUOTE=rsukhramani;4973310]

Probably the same as my 08. The "door open" warning only activates when the car actually moves. Then I get a big red pictogram in the DIC

HTH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

JBeans - Can you please post a picture of the instrument panel with door open here. I don't see the image (shown on page 236 and 237) on the panel, I am guessing that there is some mfg issue here.

On the music front, were u able to copy MP3 CD or audio CD? I don't understand why USB and SD card copying has been deactivated in N. America.. All other car manufacturers have kept it enabled.

Keith100 - I have tried all possible combinations - passenger door, driver door, trunk open in Park, reverse as well "D", I don't see any indication on the panel.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, things are either different in 2012, or you have problem. Pretty sure there will be a warning. Check with the dealer.

You did actually drive the car, not just put it in D? Mine lights up at about 2-3km/h. Which I do feel is not the smartest arrangement, but it is there.

BTW- welcome to the forum

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks.

JBeans - Can you please post a picture of the instrument panel with door open here. I don't see the image (shown on page 236 and 237) on the panel, I am guessing that there is some mfg issue here.

On the music front, were u able to copy MP3 CD or audio CD? I don't understand why USB and SD card copying has been deactivated in N. America.. All other car manufacturers have kept it enabled.

Keith100 - I have tried all possible combinations - passenger door, driver door, trunk open in Park, reverse as well "D", I don't see any indication on the panel.
Very weird. I have a 2012 also. If the hood, trunk, or any door is open you will get a beep along with a display in the cluster as soon as you start moving (forward or reverse). I had this happen when I closed the hood but it didn't fully latch.

Is there no longer a light that illuminates on the trunk release button when it is open? My 2005 C had that, but I haven't really taken the time to note this in the 2012.

As far as the MP3 copying - you have to realize that the people at MBUSA are incompetent fools who can barely accomplish ordering lunch for the office. My best guess is that someone from the RIAA scared them, and because they are foolish neanderthals, they disabled the feature. They have a habit of disabling / removing MANY features that the rest of the world has for completely stupid reasons. For example: they LOVE to disable features simply because they worry that the feature could stop working or be hard to use, causing complaints from 'stupid americans' who will then give the car lesser reviews. In the past they have had a habit of disabling the parking mirror tilt feature, the 'easy exit' feature of the drivers seat and steering wheel, automatic sunroof and window closure when the rain sensor detects rain, and about a thousand other things I have forgotten about.

Notice that the symbols around your headlight switch don't illuminate at night? Only in the US models. Why? Who the hell knows. The circuit board is there, I actually added the LEDs and resistors to my old C in order to "fix" this error of theirs.

//end rant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally figured it out. The display with correct door open come on the LCD screen in the speedometer only when the speed of the car is exactly 5 mph. I changed the speedometer to digital (one nice feature that I wouldn't complain about) to notice the warning. I am not sure why it is difficult for them to show this warning as soon as car is put in reverse or drive.

About MP3 - I was able to copy an audio CD to the music register but not MP3 CD. Not sure what issue they are worried about to disable this feature.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Finally figured it out. The display with correct door open come on the LCD screen in the speedometer only when the speed of the car is exactly 5 mph. I changed the speedometer to digital (one nice feature that I wouldn't complain about) to notice the warning. I am not sure why it is difficult for them to show this warning as soon as car is put in reverse or drive.

About MP3 - I was able to copy an audio CD to the music register but not MP3 CD. Not sure what issue they are worried about to disable this feature.
Hi rsukhramani,

I guess you don't need to see those icons anymore from the manual. Sorry, I only log on now and see your reply that you've figured it out already. I, too, have the symbol come on only after driving for a while with a rear door open. I wonder why it didn't alert me right away instead of having the car accelerated pass a certain speed before the warning appears.

As for copying songs from a CD, I've only tried copying an original music CD (not MP3) to the Music Register. I think it should also work for MP3 files on a CD.

Happy motoring!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts