Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new but in the market for one of these benz models. I really like the aggresive styling of the CLS coupe design but I'm finding that they cost more than the E550 and I am unsure of how reliable the 4.6tt v8 is comapred to the 5.5 v8.

I went to look at a 2012 CLS 550 in my area over the weekend and what would have been a nice car was ruined for me when I found out that there was a minor side swipe accident on the passenger side that the dealer did not fix properly. (literally pulled dent out and welded over to hold together, rear bumper was not even held on by clips and was loose).

I am in no way in a hurry to buy but the E550s are becoming more or equally appealing to me especially with the prices.

If you had 20-25k to spend on either of these under 60k miles with 4matic what would be your buy and why?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Now that I owned both the C207 (E-Coupe which is not so much different than the its sister E Sedan) and the W218, I have to admit that the W218/CLS is my best bet and choice of ride.
When MB decided to setup the C207 on a C chassis, they didn't honor the heritage of the E class from sizing perspective. This change included the CLKs as well.

To me I found the C207 (E-Coupe in my case) is a bit tight. The driver seat placement was too close to the door and the door card was not curved enough to handle the driver well and it was as if I'm sitting in a C class, which even my W201s are better designed then them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts