Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new around here and im looking to get some friendly advice from c63 amg owners. Im currently looking to trade my 2011 q7 tdi for a merc c63amg. One dealer in dallas is trading me even for my 2011 q7 tdi for a 2011 c63 amg with leather package, nav, carbon fiber trim, and reverse camera they have this car listed for 60k and it only has 8.5k miles. I purchased my q7 tdi 8 months ago for a really good price so i have a lot of room to play with. I also payed cash for it so i talked to the dealer about doing a straight trade and they agreed. Now my main question is should i trade it straight off for a c63 amg considering sticker price on my q7 was 69k and i would not have to worry about paying extra or should i purchase a brand new 2012 c63 amg sedan with the new tranny and pay the difference. If i purchase the 2011 i would have the car payed off but if i purchase a 2012 i would have to chip in some cash.

How much better is the 2012 c63 amg vs the 2011 c63 amg?? Is it worth paying the extra money???

·
Registered
407 Posts
$60K with 8K miles is too much. You can get a brand-new '11 for the same money and with the options you've listed. As a matter of fact, Prestige Motors in NJ has one with Development Package that can be had for about $71K. Dealers are really pushing to get rid of their '11's. Incidentally, I negotiated an extra year or 100,000 mile warranty.

The car your looking at should be about $53-54K tops, IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
pcasso87, there are a number of enhancements to the 2012 c63 in comparison to the 2011 model year. In addition to the new transmission, the 2012 c63 also features revised suspension and damping encompassing more negative camber allowing for better handling and more grip, this is in addition to a better ride. The 2012 c63 is also a fair bit lighter then the 2011 due to the addition of a aluminium hood and fenders etc. This also has improved the weight distribution. The steering rack has also been changed for the 2012 model year allowing for increased feedback. This of course, is in addition to the completely revamped interior with increased levels of technology. Safety has also been improved with the addition of an active bonnet as well as 11 other new safety systems from the s and e class. The 2012 c63 is a fair bit better then the 2011. I would go for that :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts