Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a 2012 c250 with 20 mi on the odometer 2 days ago. But everytime I start the engine, a warning message in the dash pops up saying there's a SRS malfunction. Then a little red airbag/seatbelt symbol stays on.

Anyone encounter this? I just picked up the vehicle and dont want to drive it back to the dealer so soon. Wondering if it's just a simple computer glitch and if it goes away by resetting something.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Take it back to the dealer ASAP. Thats the Airbag system warning and could be potentially dangerous if ignored.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2012 c250 with 20 mi on the odometer 2 days ago. But everytime I start the engine, a warning message in the dash pops up saying there's a SRS malfunction. Then a little red airbag/seatbelt symbol stays on.

Anyone encounter this? I just picked up the vehicle and dont want to drive it back to the dealer so soon. Wondering if it's just a simple computer glitch and if it goes away by resetting something.
Willboy, did you take the car back to the dealership by any chance? Did they find anything wrong with it? Thanks!

From another thread, people seems to be talking that it might be related to a faculty seat belt buckle...but with a brand new car?? Oh boy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts