Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C250W Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New 2012 C250 owner here (first benz too hehe), and first I gotta say: LOVE THIS CAR.

However, there are a few quirks that are bugging me, and I'd just like to pick at the hivemind here in the hope that you'll know much more than me. I have indeed searched the forum and have actually come up with solutions that are (at least seemingly) close to what I need, but the two issues remain unresolved.

1) BAS - I have a Droid RAZR. Pairs perfectly for audio streaming and phone usage, and have even imported all my contacts. However, when in music streaming mode, I cannot skip next/previous and there is no track information being displayed - it just says Device Paused. The music is playing perfectly however.
I did in fact check the compatibility website, and I should be able to skip tracks according to that site. Very unsafe for me to have to look down and manually skip songs on my phone :/

2) Online mode - I've gotten into the engineering menu after searching the forum, and got the ability to add other favorites as well as the www option. However, I need some help setting up my phone as the provider, and would LOVE step-by-step instructions for this part. (notice, both this and the previous issue are both bluetooth related - yes i sense something as well). If it helps, I have the FoxFi app that allows for hotspotting, as well as a Bluetooth DUN mode if necessary, but i don't think im past the car issues to work on phone settings.

Apart from that, if anyone has any other tips/tricks/hacks to customize my baby, please let me know! Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
2012 C250W Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone comes across this issue, one reason we may be having this problem is the ICS update - I looked closely at the page again and only when you open up the specific phone's popup page does it show which version of the software features were tested with!

Droid RAZRs are only compatible (according to the website) up to Gingerbread, not Ice cream Sandwich (it was a major upgrade).

Now I guess the problem is to gently coax mercedes into supporting ICS? I'll give them a call

1 - 2 of 2 Posts