Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you put your cell phone in the 2012 C-Class?

Hello everyone. I'd appreciate any suggestions on a silly issue. I picked up last night my 2012 C300. Love it. However, there's literally no smart place to store my cell phone when driving. I'd like it to be relatively accessible, but I don't want to put it in the cup holders and I hate the look of most after-market accessories? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
iphone? I plug in a chargeer in the ashtray, and then plug it in and lay it sideways in the open ash tray. This works great because it keeps it still, and it's still pointed towards you so you can see it light up if you need to. Now that I have BT Audio I never plug it into the car itself. In the old C300 08 I would do the same.

Also the cupholder works.

·
Registered
2015 ML 350 Black/Black
327 Posts
I am using small 3M wellcrow and stick it to the iphone case and to the dash below cd slot. Works fine, always could remove wellcrow if I need. You could get one in Target.

·
Registered
C300
21 Posts
This is definitely something I have problems with. First Ive noticed there isnt much "room" to store stuff. The ash try is ok, but there is no other area (the door side handle is open and not a storage area). The USB/Aux plugs in the middle compartment cant be used with the top closed? Meaning you cant have them plugged in with the cord sticking out a small slot with the cover closed (as is in other cars).

Sooo...I usually plug in my phone (DroidX) and keep it in my lap (this also helps me to not forget it in the car!). If Im not plugging it in to charge, I never take it out of my pocket since its BT connected.

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
I've never thought about where to put a cell phone in a car. Why don't you just use the holster or leather case and clip to your belt or leave in a pocket? You'd never forget it in the car that way! You shouldn't be touching it while you're driving in any event and Bluetooth, the steering wheel controls, and Command let you have basic access for phone calls.

·
Registered
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
23 Posts
Hmm. I thought that maybe they were deluded and created the compartment circled in the attached pic as a cell phone spot?

That said... does anyone know what this odd compartment with a lift out rubber thing is? I've had several C300 loaners and have yet to figure out what it is for - and it is not covered in the PDF of the 2012 manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C300 Sport 4MATIC
32 Posts
You can close the center console with the aux wire, ipod wire, or whatever you may plug into the usb without issue. Just have the wire towards the front of the car in between the 2 sides of the console, with a lil umph it closes fine.

·
Registered
2008 C300
51 Posts
Hmm. I thought that maybe they were deluded and created the compartment circled in the attached pic as a cell phone spot?

That said... does anyone know what this odd compartment with a lift out rubber thing is? I've had several C300 loaners and have yet to figure out what it is for - and it is not covered in the PDF of the 2012 manual.
I use that for gum/candy wrappers, gas receipts and crap like that. Then I can just pull out the rubber sleeve any empty the trash.

·
Registered
2011 C300 sport 4MATIC
6 Posts
i keep change in there
same its the best spot for change.

as for where to put your cell, I just have it plugged via the iPod cable in my glove box (I have an iPhone). Whenever im going on a ride that is long and I need to use my phone mid ride I have a passenger disconnect it and hand it to me to use. Other than that it is connected with bluetooth so whenever I get a call I just answer it

·
Registered
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
23 Posts
Since I don't allow beverages in my vehicle, the cupholders get used for my phone/wallet/keys/etc.

I'm probably going to do the euro console somewhat soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know exactly, but I bet that little miscellaneous slot is for business cards. B7 and previous Audi's have a push out little "drawer" in the dash for business cards. This is my only thought on this thing in the Benz.

Otherwise, I put my phone in the front cup holder, and if I have a bottle of water, it goes in the 2nd rearward cupholder. The phone in the cup holder is perfect. Not sure what else would be better unless you're looking for something to "dock/charge" the phone.

I do miss my cigarette lighter under the arm rest in the Audi. I always left it plugged in because you couldn't see it at all, and the cable just stuck out a little. Easy to charge, and considering my phone always has bluetooth on, it eats at the battery.

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
Yeah nowhere to put your phone officially or sunglasses. The latter is pretty important too.

·
Registered
2013 E350 Cabriolet
9 Posts
No problem plugging phone into center console and placing the phone in the cup holder. The wire fits well under the console lid ... Easier if you close the left side first and tuck the wire, then close the right side. For sunglasses, a clip works well on the visor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts