Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone....first post here at Benzworld.

I had such a wonderful time this past summer with my son Nobby and the other participating members of BenzyPalooza 2011 (GTG at Rowdie's) that I would like to do it again.

I met so many nice, generous people on this years Palooza that I would like extend an invitation to everyone to join myself and Nobby on another item on my personal Bucket List.

I have always wanted to few active icebergs and the best place in the WORLD to do this is in Twillingate, Newfoundland.

Twillingate.com: Twillingate Tourism, Newfoundland, Canada

An added bonus is this area is very active with whale watching.

The best time of the year to do this is late May and early June.

A firm date will be announced once Nobby's vacation selection as been approved for 2012.

Mrelbe has once again agreed to navigate the trip and we will have further discussions as to which route would be best to reach Twillingate.

I look forward to all comments.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Welcome TopNob.
Failing that grand adventure to NFL, how about a GTG at Lachute?
I spent my childhood summers not far away from there.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hey, TopNob, Welcome aboard! Sounds like a good GTG in the future. Does this mean there is another SL in the Nob family future?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey Top Nob!!!!
Seriously, this sounds like a GTG that is going to need some Texas beer. I can only hope this dovetails nicely with my grandma duties I have in August (please don't make it August).

I too have always wanted to see icebergs and I've seen The Shipping News and I wanna go there! (it's close right? like when people say, you're from Texas? I know someone in Houston)

If I fly up, can I rent an R107 someplace???

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,109 Posts
Hey Top Nob!!!!
Seriously, this sounds like a GTG that is going to need some Texas beer. I can only hope this dovetails nicely with my grandma duties I have in August (please don't make it August).

I too have always wanted to see icebergs and I've seen The Shipping News and I wanna go there! (it's close right? like when people say, you're from Texas? I know someone in Houston)

If I fly up, can I rent an R107 someplace???
NFLD is a BIG island. Twillingate is on the side closest to Labrador...or the mainland, if you will.

I would be happy to pick you up at either Toronto or Montreal airport but the likelyhood of a "spare" 107 is, ah, minimal.

How much beer can you stuff in a woman's carry-on??

·
29,109 Posts
Does this mean there is another SL in the Nob family future?
Ya, Dad, does it?

Somehow I'm thinking no. Dad has it made being driven around like the prince that he is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
beer ambassador

How much beer can you stuff in a woman's carry-on??
uh, used to be just under 300 ounces in a carry-on, which roughly calculates to a little more than (4) 6-packs. (if I recall correctly)

yes....I did it once. But that was pre 911, now they will only allow you to carry on a key lime pie. Did that too.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,700 Posts
Sounds like a doable GTG that my wife would also enjoy. How far is it from Bar Harbor. Im going to be in Bar Harbor in 3 weeks with Samson thats an 8 hour drive.

Spare 107, I may have a spare 107, but explaining to my wife I'm going to loan Delilah to a woman from Texas named Betty (Old girlfriends name), so we can drive drink and be merry, could be a chalange. This may be a possibility only if I get the wife to go.

·
29,109 Posts
Sounds like a doable GTG that my wife would also enjoy. How far is it from Bar Harbor. Im going to be in Bar Harbor in 3 weeks with Samson thats an 8 hour drive.

Spare 107, I may have a spare 107, but explaining to my wife I'm going to loan Delilah to a woman from Texas named Betty (Old girlfriends name), so we can drive drink and be merry, could be a chalange. This may be a possibility only if I get the wife to go.
Now there's an idea, John.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome TopNob! This trip sounds like a blast. I'm in.

Dad has it made being driven around like the prince that he is.
When I was following you and your door kept popping open I thought TopNob was trying to push you out!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I'm already discussing this with SWMBO. Sounds like a great trip, and could be a great way to facilitate my 280SL acquisition. :)

·
29,109 Posts
Twillingate is actually quite small. There are few places to stay so this one Palooza where reservations need to made in advance. So keep that in mind, everyone.
February 1, 2012 we will be looking for firm commitments.

1 - 20 of 700 Posts