Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought this car at 101000 from dealer with full Benz service and the oil cooler leaked fixed at dealer prior to purchase. Now at 116000. Have been using the recommended mobil one but have realized that may be contributing to problem. Car has been running fine with exception of oil consumption ( learning this is a sign that it could be leading to DPF clogging as result of wrong mobile one oil , have done two oil changes and I used the ESP mobile one oil) . So wife was driving down road accelerated hard let off and car died would not restart after one try then would not even turn over. Turned motor over by hand not sized . Checked all Fuses then pulled codes. No blown Fuses code 111500 particulate. Have owned a diesel the older 350s for 218 thou 324,000 total on odometer and still on road and 300d for 200 plus all maintain and repairs with exception of injector pump done at home, can do all maintenance and most major repairs but a little lost with all the new electrical stuff. Some things are pointing to remove the DPF and get cleaned? after the testing and checking tested battery again and was down to 11.5 so it is charging- it was at 12.3 when I first started diagnosing , have read what I can just looking for a little direction/help as to where to start.

·
Premium Member
16,756 Posts
At 11.5 state of charge, your battery is 10% charged.

The first thing you must do is proper charge the battery:
Main battery is 100 AH it needs to be charged @ 10 A for 10 hours. (Witek)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We bought this car at 101000 from dealer with full Benz service and the oil cooler leaked fixed at dealer prior to purchase. Now at 116000. Have been using the recommended mobil one but have realized that may be contributing to problem. Car has been running fine with exception of oil consumption ( learning this is a sign that it could be leading to DPF clogging as result of wrong mobile one oil , have done two oil changes and I used the ESP mobile one oil) . So wife was driving down road accelerated hard let off and car died would not restart after one try then would not even turn over. Turned motor over by hand not sized . Checked all Fuses then pulled codes. No blown Fuses code 111500 particulate. Have owned a diesel the older 350s for 218 thou 324,000 total on odometer and still on road and 300d for 200 plus all maintain and repairs with exception of injector pump done at home, can do all maintenance and most major repairs but a little lost with all the new electrical stuff. Some things are pointing to remove the DPF and get cleaned? after the testing and checking tested battery again and was down to 11.5 so it is charging- it was at 12.3 when I first started diagnosing , have read what I can just looking for a little direction/help as to where to start.
At 11.5 state of charge, your battery is 10% charged.

The first thing you must do is proper charge the battery:
Main battery is 100 AH it needs to be charged @ 10 A for 10 hours. (Witek)
that is a great info sheet , Thank you. Battery Batter is at 100 % still all I get upon posing ignition or using the key is full dash light up but only a click possible the starter if it is locked up but have turned engine by hand so motor not seized.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry did not catch spell ck . I have changed the battery checked all the fuses. No issues. I checked the starter connection normal for a car this vintage removed tested and cleaned contacts. Still no power from start to starter. I have bared the motor over it is not sized. Pulled the following codes
The codes were 111500 the Regeneration of particulate filter is not ok -13CB00 component R9/2 Cyl 2 glow plug open circuit. S6812 front passenger buckle and belt open circuit- this is a common one the seat wire breaks. I am working over 60 plus hours a week so times is scarce. Am going relay by really and testing them. when i discover something will post up am pretty sure I am in over my head but will to try and know that patience is the best route.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok found a fuse that was bad, could have been good but end result is got power to a tested starter which is now toast. Put new fuse in hit the button locked engine would not turn didn't catch it in time.Pulled starter again and tried to turn engine it is locked up. And no I never turned the engine wrong way and first time I did it I did use a large handle so it cleared top of engine (evidently it was over kill and why a got it to turn, unfortunately my limited experience is with large Detroits) So sent it to a shop that has experienced tech with Benz and their diagnosis is Motor sized up or possible front pump in trans but would require pulling an separating motor trans to confirm pump and Motor condition- also if could be an issue that motor or trans sized will make it almost impossible to get all flywheel bolts out to separate. Parts truck?So any ideas on a SUV worth 8-9 that has half that left in note. Engine is gonna be min 6-8 plus 2500 ish labor. Anybody want a ML that is shot? And Just for the record I have owned and maintained three different S class diesel sedans two over 300,000 plus and taken care of them. Yes I am in over my head on this one. Should have resold the damm thing as soon as I was aware of the oil usage but no it has to be a leak I thought! And no the oil level never got low!!! Running a boat for a living one depends on something it is a good habit to check oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts