Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a brand new cls 550 less than 2000 miles brakes squeak. had a 2008 cls 550 with same issues bought 2011 was told this would not be an issue. brakes squeak and the dealer has not been able to fix. does anyone else have issues with this model year. please let me know

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
What? Nobody told you that it's just part of the charm of owning a Benz? ;) My current ride is fine, but my previous model squeeked. I replaced the rotors and pads. Squeeked. I used quality parts, anti-squeal paste and they still squeaked. I treated the pads with BG pad conditioner, per the recommended from an MB tech at my dealer. That helped, but not 100%. I never did get the squeal to stop. So, good luck. It's an ongoing, annoying problem for many.

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL500
665 Posts
Funny, we get asked a lot which brakes and rotors should we buy because the last ones squeaked. Seems to be quite a common question for MB.

·
Registered
2007 CLS550 Capri Blue
32 Posts
I think the only answer to the Mercedes squeaking brake issue is ceramic brake pads. After 47,000 miles of squeaking I put Akebono ceramic brake pads on all around. My original rotors were still good so I left then on. They stop and feel just like the originals and don't ever squeak. And there is no brake dust. I had them installed at Pep Boys for $450 including one sensor and a $50 discount. The pads carry a lifetime warranty with a labor warranty for 18 months. I couldn't be happier. I've heard others praise Porterfield and Posi-Quiet brands of ceramic brake pads.

My Newport Beach, CA dealer and my independent Mercedes mechanic would only install genuine Mercedes pads. So if you want ceramic pads, you need to go elsewhere. The dealer did say that they now use (probably at extra cost) a anti queak spray or some such lubricant made by MOC that they guarantee won't squeak for 12 months. So if you aren't ready for new pads, this might be a solution. I'm pretty sure they could apply this stuff to your existing brakes. Personally, I think they should cover that under warranty, if your car is under warranty. But in reality, I doubt they would do it for free. If anyone gets this MOC anti-squeak stuff put on, let us know if you have any luck getting dealers to put this stuff on for free and if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts