Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Newbie to the forum from n.ireland
Recently bought a c250 cgi, so far loving it but the other day i started it up after been parked up for 24hrs and it put out a large puff of blue/grey smoke which instantly cleared.
Doesn't seem to do it while parked overnight.
Ive read that it can be the oil feed pipe on the turbo dripping small amount of oil back in the turbo and fitting a non return banjo bolt fixes this.
Anyone help me or had this problem?
Much appreciated

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys,
Recently bought a c250 cgi, so far loving it but the other day i started it up after been parked up for 24hrs and it put out a large puff of blue/grey smoke which instantly cleared.
Ive read that it can be the oil feed pipe on the turbo dripping small amount of oil back in the turbo and fitting a non return banjo bolt fixes this.
Much appreciated

Do you still have this problem and how long does thw amoke stay, try timing it.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you still have this problem and how long does thw amoke stay, try timing it.

Yea still there, Smokey for about 3-4 seconds, grey/blue smoke, lingers for while also

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea still there, Smokey for about 3-4 seconds, grey/blue smoke, lingers for while also

I will suggest u sample oil quality and if possible drain and hve it filled with freah one. I use 5W 30 and this works for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will suggest u sample oil quality and if possible drain and hve it filled with freah one. I use 5W 30 and this works for me.

I was thinking of changing the oil, the company I bought it from back in July said the oil was changed but I don't think it was, looks v dark n burnt looking on dipstick

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinking of changing the oil, the company I bought it from back in July said the oil was changed but I don't think it was, looks v dark n burnt looking on dipstick

Never allow the level to run pass the max on the dip stick. I will always allow pour 5L in first allow about 2 hours after a warm to check level. Then i do top up as required.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
Much appreciated

I believe the issue is your oil feed connection banjo bolt. MB built many C class cars with this faulty fitting. You would need to replace the banjo bolt (including its washers) with an updated version to eliminate this issue. This faulty part has been the main reason for the puff of smoke at the cold start. Hope that this will help you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts