Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I reside in Illinois and all current MB dealership here will stop to sell Diesel version of MB because of the additional fuel additive being added to fuel. This issue ONLY applies to Illinois State only however I just purchased my new ML and this issue did piss me off because the dealership inform me that any warranty work related to engine or fuel usage will NOT be covered due to this issue. WTH! I love my truck but to have my warranty not serviced if indeed anything does or will happen due to the diesel fuel being used than what am I suppose to do as a customer???? I already contact consumer affairs and they were NOT of any help! :(

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good morning,

This doesn't sound quite correct. A franchised MB dealer sold you the vehicle, they should also service and warranty, including any aftermarket extended warranties. Dealers derive a fair amount of revenue from warranty work.

You should contact the dealer service manager for clarification. Ask for documentation from MBNA stating they've been given the option not to service. If not satisfied, contact the MBNA zone manager.

I think you're getting some misinformation here.

Good luck. Keep us posted as this may effect others in the same situation.

Mike K.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am interested to know if you have any additional information. I was unable to find any data that diesel fuel is different in Ill. Looking through the epa website, it looks like there are different regulations for Alaska and US Territories, but nothing different for the rest of the states.

If what you believe is true, will my warranty be voided too when I fill up when I stop in Chicago?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would need to see something in weighting from MB USA , or IL before I would put any faith in what you think the dealer told you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts