Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK200K
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody here from Sydney had experience with Perfect Auto Body in Alexandria?

They're the only authorised smash repairer for MBs apparently.

I had an accident with my car and it took them 3.5 weeks to fix it.

After I got it back, i had an extra 200km. That's a lot of kms imho.

Bloody thing veers to the right too. Not aligned. Had it back for about 1.5 weeks now. Plan on calling them once i get my facts straight.

On another note, anybody done the body and leather protection for their SLK?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
gam817 - 4/24/2005 12:44 PM

has anybody here from Sydney had experience with Perfect Auto Body in Alexandria?

They're the only authorised smash repairer for MBs apparently.

I had an accident with my car and it took them 3.5 weeks to fix it.

After I got it back, i had an extra 200km. That's a lot of kms imho.

Bloody thing veers to the right too. Not aligned. Had it back for about 1.5 weeks now. Plan on calling them once i get my facts straight.

On another note, anybody done the body and leather protection for their SLK?
Considering that Marshall Motors in Parramatta is also owned by the same directors you might consider that if the car had to be worked on in Parramatta and the smash repair place then it would be easily 60km round trip.

Depends on how many things needed to be done in order for your car to be roadworthy. A road test is absolutely certain.

I dont think the MD or the Manager would tolerate joy riding. Its pretty heavily controlled. But if someone is doing it and the boss doesnt know then you should mention it.

Back in about 2000 there was a mechanic in Benz of Sydney that used to joy ride, turn up the radio LOUD, blast the air on full and kick the doors open.

It would never have been found out if the size 12 work boot shoe print wasnt on the door trim. The missing fuel and missing Km's are still a mystery but that mechanic got shown the door.

·
Registered
W116, W126, R170.
217 Posts
Hi miroj,

Yes, your right about Marshalls and the 60Ks if it needed to go to Parramatta for mechanical work, but that is a long way short of 200Ks.

I wouldn't be happy to find my car had knocked up 200Ks while in the shop.

G'day gam817, do you have an SLK on order? If so, is it through Marshalls?

Regardless, I think you should be asking some questions and if the car is not straight, start jumping on somebody from a great height.

Agent 1 [8D]

·
Registered
SLK200K
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Agent1, been reading your posts and checking out your car today :)

I got my car (SLK200) in January from Tynan's. Salesperson that sold it to me was an very good guy named Roland. Couldn't be happier with his service. I went to 3 or 4 dealers (even put down a deposit) and they were either trying pressure me or were messing me around with what they could offer.

Have to admit that the SLK wasn't my first choice (really wanted a RX8) but after owning it for a few months and driving it, i have to say I now have a deeper understanding of people who are passionate about driving their cars!

about 4.5 weeks ago somebody drifted into my lane which caused me to react by moving left to avoid it. dumb move. i just clipped the curb along parramatta rd (near brescia furniture). unfortunately for me, it was the one piece of sidewalk that had a metal plate cemented to it. luckily for me i didn't hit the next bit of curb which had a telegraph pole.

car was towed and Perfect Auto Body ended up having it for 3.5 weeks. it was meant to be returned to me on the 3 friday.. then the monday.. then the tuesday.. finally i picked it up on the wednesday.

things I've noticed since getting it back:

1) kms was ~200km more than when it was towed (banksia towing wrong down the kms at towing time)
2) it veers right. if i let go, it starts to veer straight away
3) CDs now skip! Never happened in the first 3000km i had drove it.

here's a list of repairs from a from the accident:

* front bumper replaced
* left front wheel replaced
* left front mad replaced
* left suspension replaced
* other stuff such as controller arms also replaced
* re-sprayed left side of the car
* left head light replaced. the impact cracked the plastic that connects it to the car

a few other things too which costs around 16K+ to fix.

btw, i got blamed by the insurance company because the bastard drove off and when the cops caught up with them (i noted the licence plate), he said i was at fault and that he had indicated. can't believe the insurance firm didn't chase this one up better. i'll stop ranting now :)

so what do you all reckon? 200km seems excessive? I definitely need to call them about the veering to the right.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
By default all Benz in Australia have a slight veer to the left. I would be really worried about being pushed into oncoming traffic.

As for your insurance company .... avoiding accidents is the best way to end up paying for them. If your personal safety is NOT affected then I would advise taking the damage from another car.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Agent 1 - 4/24/2005 12:09 AM

Hi miroj,

Yes, your right about Marshalls and the 60Ks if it needed to go to Parramatta for mechanical work, but that is a long way short of 200Ks.

I wouldn't be happy to find my car had knocked up 200Ks while in the shop.

G'day gam817, do you have an SLK on order? If so, is it through Marshalls?

Regardless, I think you should be asking some questions and if the car is not straight, start jumping on somebody from a great height.

Agent 1 [8D]
Just ask about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts